"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
About the Dean's Circle
For the first time in the history of the University of Minnesota, our students pay more in tuition than we receive from the state in financial support. Less support from the state, recent changes that further reduce reimbursement for services provided to public program patients, and the ever-increasing competitive nature of government-supported research has resulted in fewer dollars to support our education, clinical and scientific initiatives. Creative solutions are necessary to meet these new challenges and your support is critical to our success.
To help address these areas of concern, the School of Dentistry established a new cohort of supporters called the Dean’s Circle in 2010. Members are invited to give annually to the Dentistry Fund for Achievement, which was created to provide support across all areas within the School of Dentistry. This fund is vitally important because it helps to fill the gap created by the decrease in other funding sources. And, unlike state and grant support which comes to us designated for a specific purpose, the Dentistry Fund for Achievement allows our school to move quickly to capitalize on exceptional opportunities that present themselves throughout the year.
The Dean’s Circle is comprised of a group of dedicated supporters who have joined in sustained partnership with the School of Dentistry to help address the needs of our school, our students, faculty and patients, and the communities that we serve.
A Dean’s Circle supporter is:
- Invested in the future of dentistry and believes that it begins with the next class of students.
- Interested in research and affirms that it is the foundation for new knowledge.
- Connected to their community and cares that high-quality, patient-centered oral health care is accessible for everyone.
As a Dean's Circle supporter you will enjoy:
- An invitation to the annual Dean’s Reception where your membership will be recognized.
- Communications to keep you updated about School of Dentistry activities.
- Recognition in the School’s annual report.
- Great pride in knowing that your support makes an impact at the School.
How to join the Dean's Circle:
You are invited to become a Dean’s Circle member with an annual gift of $1,000 to the Dentistry Fund for Achievement. Your gift can be made over the course of the year, but only donations of $1,000 or more to this fund will be eligible for membership in the Dean’s Circle. You can make a pledge of $1,000 or more and make payments on a schedule that fits your needs within the following 12 months. The pledge must be made by December 31 in a given year to be recognized in our annual report.
- Give online through the University of Minnesota Foundation. Once a gift to this fund in that amount is made, our Development Office is notified and we will acknowledge your gift and membership in the Dean’s Circle.
- Give through the mail.
Together we can help to assure the future of a strong and successful School of Dentistry. Please join the School of Dentistry’s Dean’s Circle today!
Questions about the Dean’s Circle? Please contact:
Annual Giving and Stewardship Coordinator