CE Credits: Documentation and Recognition
Credits and Documentation
Professional Development Credit and Documentation
The Minnesota Board of Dentistry's continuing education credit requirements are 50 hours per biennial cycle for dentists; and 25 hours per biennial cycle for dental hygienists and licensed dental assistants. Continuing education credit may be earned in three categories of credit:
- Fundamental credits are earned when activities are directly related to the provision of clinical dental services. (All hours may be earned in fundamental activities.)
- Elective credits are earned when activities are directly related to or supportive of the practice of dentistry, dental hygiene or dental assisting. (The maximum number of hours in elective activities per biennial cycle is 20 hours for dentists and 10 hours for dental hygienists and registered dental assistants.)
- Core competency credits are earned in the following areas:
- record keeping,
- patient communication,
- infection control,
- management of medical emergencies, and
- diagnosis and treatment planning (optional for dental hygienists and dental assistants).
Two core competencies are required each biennial cycle. Core competency credit is also considered fundamental credit since it is an activity directly related to provision of clinical dental services.
For your convenience, the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry has identified which continuing education courses will meet the Minnesota Board of Dentistry core competency requirements. See our courses eligible for core competency credit.
Programs from past continuing education courses offered through the School of Dentistry's Continuing Dental Education program are available by request. Please contact us at (612) 625-1418, (800) 685-1418 or email@example.com to request a copy of a program.
Certificates of Attendance
Did you know that dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants may earn certificates by attending continuing education courses sponsored by the School of Dentistry?
The certificates are designed to post in the dental office and are awarded at four levels: 1) 100 hours, 2) 250 hours, 3) 500 hours, and 4) 1000 hours. This recognition program began January 1, 1992.
The most recent award recipients at the 500-hour level are:
William Boylan, DDS
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Mary Consamus, DDS
Christine Obel, DH
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
The most recent award recipients at the 250-hour level are:
Dana L. Bott, DDS
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Sonia Chacko Theresa, DDS
Willemstaad, Netherlands Antilles
Aaron Cruthers, DDS
Robert E. Lew, DDS
Laura A. Schwindt, DDS
Alan Velazquez, DDS
San Ysidro, California
- Register Now
- Additional Offerings
- Hotel, Maps & Parking
- Sign Up for Course Announcements
- More Information
- Clinical Grand Round Recorded Sessions
- Speaker's Bureau Guide
- Oral Cancer Screening Video
- CE Credits: Documentation and Recognition
- Resources & Links
- Refund Policy
- Contact Us