How to Apply
Students planning to enter dental school can begin their pre-dental studies at any time during their undergraduate education.
The application cycle for the class entering in Fall 2017 will open June 1, 2016.
- The School of Dentistry uses the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). It can take 2-8 weeks for ADEA to process and deliver your application, so be sure to apply early.
- Applicants must also submit an electronic School of Dentistry Supplemental Application with an $85 application fee. You do not receive an invitation to fill out this application.
- DAT scores must be received by the Office of Admissions and Diversity no later than December 1, 2016. If a student is retaking the DAT, new scores must be received by the Office of Admissions and Diversity no later than January 1, 2017.
- 3 letters of recommendation are required, 2 from science or math professors, and one from an employer or supervisor from a volunteer position. Additional letters may be submitted in addition to the required letters. Letters of recommendation may be sent via AADSAS or directly to the School of Dentistry.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for applicants for whom English is not the primary language spoken at home. The scores should be submitted with other supplemental application materials, if this exam is required of you. The final date for receipt is December 1, 2016.
It is highly recommended that interested students attend a D.D.S. Information Session to learn more about becoming a qualified candidate. These sessions are an hour-and-a-half in length and are held regularly at the School of Dentistry. Space is limited for each session, so be sure to sign-up early!
The first hour includes a presentation on the application process and admission requirements, followed by a question and answer time. Then, attendees will be provided with a guided tour of the School of Dentistry.
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions and Diversity at 612-625-7477 or email@example.com.
Dental School Preparation Course
The Dental School Preparation Course is a 20-hour intensive program designed to prepare students for the field of dentistry. The program consists of a series of hands-on preclinical exercises and laboratory procedures as well as lectures given by university faculty members, experts in their fields of teaching, research and practice.
Additionally, students will have the opportunity to work with DentSim, the multi-million dollar advanced simulation technology and most advanced pre-clinical training tool to date.
This intensive weekend course is valuable for students seeking a better understanding of dental school and the profession.