48th Annual Dental Assistants' Seminar
48th Annual Dental Assistants' Seminar
Friday-Saturday, August 9-10, 2013
Are you looking for a convenient way to obtain 12 credits in just two days? Would you like to attend a conference that is designed exclusively for dental assistants?
This popular, annual continuing dental education course gives you the opportunity to meet your professional development requirements and keep abreast of the ongoing advances in dentistry. You will enjoy learning from a diverse group of knowledgeable speakers and will benefit from receiving practical updates on:
- restoring endodontically treated teeth,
- esthetics and orthodontic therapy,
- patient transfer techniques,
- infection prevention and control practices,
- women’s health and wellness,
- ethical and legal considerations in pediatric dentistry,
- restorative and prosthodontic procedures, and
- eating disorders.
During Friday’s continuing dental education program you will learn how to:
- describe the process involved in restoring root canal treated teeth with fiber posts.
- recognize the role of facial esthetics in orthodontic treatment decisions.
- perform patient transfers that are safe for both you and the patient.
- protect yourself and patients from bloodborne pathogens and other infectious agents.
During Saturday’s continuing dental education program you will learn how to:
- identify strategies for the prevention of chronic health conditions including periodontal disease.
- manage treatment of the pediatric patient based on current ethical and legal considerations.
- recognize the signs and symptoms of eating disorders.
- incorporate time saving techniques into restorative and prosthodontic procedures.
Who Should Attend
Dental assistants who want to fulfill their relicensure requirements and receive useful information that can be applied immediately in practice.
Illustrated lectures and discussion.
Keri Clifton, B.S., Community Outreach Coordinator at The Emily Program, a nationally recognized program and accredited training center providing comprehensive, personalized treatment for eating disorders and related problems since 1993.
Priscilla M. Flynn, R.D.H., Dr.P.H., Assistant Professor, Division of Dental Hygiene, Department of Primary Dental Care, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry; Research Collaborator, Mayo Clinic.
Teresa E. Johnson, D.D.S., M.P.H., M.S., Education and Quality Assurance Director for Apple Tree Dental. In addition to her administrative duties, Dr. Johnson provides clinical care at Apple Tree Dental’s Madelia Clinic.
Teresa S. Ludwig, M.T., ASCP, APIC, Health and Safety Officer and Environmental Health Specialist, Dental Engineering Services, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry.
James R. Miller, D.D.S., M.S., Board Certified Orthodontist in private practice at Advances in Orthodontics, P.A. in Golden Valley, MN; Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Orthodontics, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry.
Becky Olson-Kellogg, P.T., D.P.T., G.C.S., Assistant Professor, Associate Director and Residency Director, Geriatric Clinical Residency, Program in Physical Therapy, University of Minnesota.
Jorge Perdigão, D.M.D., M.S., Ph.D., Professor, Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry.
Jasmine Yesil, B.D.S., M.S., Associate Clinical Specialist, Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry; part-time private pediatric dentistry practice, Plymouth and Elk River, Minnesota.
Here’s what some of last year’s participants liked about the program:
“Speakers are good, great way to get all my credits. I’ve been coming for 35+ years!”
“I love the variety of topics, very informative.”
J Prange, Mankato, MN
“Related well to my job and provided updates on numerous areas of concern.”
“Informative, up to date, fast-paced, organized! Good food, and location/venue!”
“Always informative and interesting, and useful for the dental office.”
“A lot that was covered was pertinent to our office. We are able to use information for credits and get what we need and all in one weekend. Food is great, nice location for class, teachers are great and very knowledgeable.”
B Skime, Bemidji, MN