Medical History Evaluation and Management of Medical Emergencies
Core Competency Credit Course
Learn why taking and evaluating a patient's medical history is one of the most important responsibilities of the dental team. This comprehensive course is designed to provide you with a general review and evaluation of medical conditions and emergencies one might encounter in the dental office.
By applying didactic material to practical situations you will learn how to:
- obtain a complete medical history from a patient.
- determine when a medical consultation is necessary before initiating dental treatment on a patient.
- identify when modifications in dental treatment must be made related to a patient's specific medical condition.
- assess the type of premedication needed for a patient with a specific medical condition.
- recognize which drugs to avoid when treating a patient with a specific medical condition.
- determine the type of emergency situation that may arise when treating a patient with a specific medical condition.
- be prepared to take appropriate action in a given emergency situation.
Original release date: 1979. Date last reviewed: 2014. Expiration date: 2017.
Mail in your registration form along with your check or credit card information.
Call us at 612-625-1418 or 800-685-1418 and use your credit card to register.
Fax your registration form and credit card information to 612-624-8159.
Register online via our secure website.
Tuition and Fees
Minnesota credits: 12 core (management of medical emergencies)
- 1 pre-test
- 1 workbook
- 1 manual
- 1 post-test
Materials that are yours to keep for future reference:
- 1 manual