Harold K. Tu
Harold K. Tu, M.D., D.M.D.
Director of Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences
Oral Surgery, University of Nebraska, 1982
B.A., Linfield College, 1971
M.D., University of Nebraska School of Medicine, 1979
D.M.D., University of Oregon Dental School, 1977
- Factorial comparison of zomepirac with codeine and pain secondary to dental surgery,grant supported by McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- A retrospective study of rigid internal fixation in the management of mandibular fractures, grant supported by Richards Manufacturing
- A retrospective study of vocal cord paralysis presented at the Nebraska Chapter of American College of Surgery, Omaha, Nebraska, 1980
- Detailed research protocol for arthrography of normal temporomandibular joints Palacos R/Gentamicin Bone Cement and Multi-Clinic Study, ID application #12470
- Principal Investigator: Factorial Comparison of Zomepirac with Codeine and Pain Secondary to Dental Surgery, grant supported by McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.,December 1982- $3,000.00
- Principal Investigator: A Retrospective Study of Rigid Internal Fixation in the Management of Mandibular Fractures, grant supported by Richards Manufacturing, Inc., September 1981-$3,024.00
- Principal Investigator: Arthrography of Normal Temporomandibular Joints, by University of Nebraska Medical Center See Grant. $1,500.00
- Co-Investigator: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance of Normal Temporomandibular Joint, Submitted to University of Nebraska Medical Center See Grant. March 1985 - $5,000.00
Alberts, L Russell, Phillips, Kenneth O., Tu, Harold K., Stinson, Warren W., Friedman, Andrew: A Biologic Model for Assessment of Osseous Strain Patterns and Plating Systems in the Human Maxilla, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, January 2003.
Engel, J.D., Ruskin J.D., Tu, H.K.: Hematologic Management of a Patient with Fanconi’s Anemia Undergoing Bone Grafting and Implant Surgery, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1992.
Ruskin, J.D., Tu, H.K.: Integrated Management of the Maxillofacial Trauma Patient with Multiple Injuries, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, 2:15-27, 1990.
Kaplan P.A., Tu, H.K., Koment M.A., Bennin J.W., Ruskin J.D.: Radiographic Features of Orthognathic Surgery for the Correction of Dentofacial Defects (part I), Radiology. 167:191-194, 1988, \
Kaplan P.A., Tu, H.K., Ruskin, J.D., Bennion J.W.: Orthognathic Surgery, Radiographic Manifestation of Complications (part II) Radiology, 167:195-198, 1988.
Laney T.J., Kaplan P.A., Tu H.K., Lydiatt D.D.: Evaluation of Bilateral Symmetry in Arthrography to the Normal Temporomandibular Joint, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1988.
Hollins R.R., Moyer D.J., Tu H.K.: Pseudoankylosis of the Mandible Following Temporal Bone Flap, Neurosurgery, Vol. 22, N.1, Part 1, 1988.
Severson GS, Ruskin JR, Tu H.K., Markin RS: Malignant fibrous histocytoma presenting in the right mandibular alveolar ridge and left lung: A case report, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 45:955-958, November 1987
Severson GS, Ruskin JR, Tu, HK, Markin RS: Malignant fibrous histocytoma presenting in the right mandibular alveolar ridge and left lung: A case report, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 45:955-958, November 1987
Kaplan PA, Reiskin A, Tu HK: Temporomandibular joint arthrography following surgical treatment of internal derangements, Radiology, 163:217-220, April, 1987
Laney, TJ, Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Lydiatt DD: Normal and abnormal temporomandibular joints: Quantitative evaluation of inferior joint space arthrography, International J. Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, 16:305-311, 1987
Kuhn, BS, Tu HK,: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for the Cleft Lip and Palate, Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, Volume 65, August 1986.
Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Sleder PR, Lydiatt DD: inferior joint space arthrography of normal temporomandibular joint: Reassessment of diagnostic criteria, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 159:585-589, June 1986
Lydiatt DD, Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Sleder PR: Morbidity associated with temporomandibular joint arthrography in clinically normal joints, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 44:8-10, January, 1986.
Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Lydiatt DD, Sleder PR, Williams SW: Temporomandibular joint arthrography of normal subjects: Prevalence of pain with ionic versus nonionic contrast agents, Journal of Radiology, 156 (3), September, 1985
Tu HK, TenHulzen DR: Compression Osteosynthesis of Mandibular Fractures: A Retrospective Study, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 43:585-589, August, 1985
Fridrich KL, Kempf KK, Tu HK,: Ludwig’s Angina: A Case Report, Journal of The Nebraska Dental Association, 61 (2):6-9, 1984.
Tu HK, Minton GA: Pneumomediastinum Pneumothorax and Cervical Emphysema Following Mandibular Fracture, Oral Surgery, Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine (Oral Surgery) 57:490-493, 1984.
Tu HK, Davis RB, Davis LF: Lupus Anticoagulant in a Patient Undergoing Oral Surgery, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 42 (1): 53-56, January 1984
Tu HK: Historical chapters in Chinese dentistry, Journal of Dental History, October, 1975
Nique TA, Tu HK: Anesthesia for Facial Plastic Surgery, Thieme Publications, Publication 1993.
Tu, HK, Davis, LF, Nique TA: Maxillofacial Injuries, Chapter 33, The Team Physician’s Handbook, MB Mellion, WM Walsh, GL Shelton Editors, Hanley and Belfus Publishers, 1990.
Nique TA, Tu HK: Fluids and Electrolytes, Residents Manual: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, PH Kwon and DN Laskin Editors, Quintessence Publishing Co., June 1989.
Tu HK, Secondary Reconstruction of Post Traumatic NOE Deformities, Knowledge Update: Part II, JF Piecuch Editor, Thieme Publications, 1996.
Tu HK, David LF: Traumatic Injuries to the Teeth and Jaws, Textbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, RB Donoff Editor, WB Saunders Publisher.