Postdoctoral fellowships are available and annually renewable for up to 3 years.
Postdoctoral fellowships provide a stipend, course and registration fees, health insurance (including family coverage), and research-related supply and travel funds. Stipends are assigned based on years of experience as specified by the NIH and the MinnCResT grant. Stipend levels are current and consistent with NIH guidelines, but are subject to change each year. The NIH Grants Policy Statement is the final authority on the terms and conditions of stipends.
Requirements & Milestones
Postdoctoral fellows spend the bulk of their time conducting research in their mentors' labs.
The MinnCResT Program’s mission is to train the next generation of independent investigators exploring questions in craniofacial, dental, and oral health research. All trainees, regardless of research focus, are required to pursue coursework and professional development activities that meet the program's mission. Postdoctoral trainees are expected to:
- Attend monthly MinnCResT seminars;
- Annually submit updated CV with annual activity report, addressing progress towards these benchmarks;
- Audit at least 6 credits in Oral Biology (or equivalent);
- Enroll for 6 graduate credits in the Preparing Future Faculty course sequence (GRAD 8101 and GRAD 8102);
- Participate in a 1-month industrial internship or mentor a student through a 10-week research project;
- Complete a draft of one research article for submission to a peer-refereed journal by the end of the first fellowship year, with the goal of submitting two papers over a three-year period;
- Present research at a national/international professional meeting once a year;
- Present research at an AADR or IADR meeting or NIDCR T32 fellows’ poster session at least once during fellowship;
- Draft and submit a NIH F, K, or R series (or similar) research proposal;
- By the end of the second fellowship year, present a seminar or lecture at one college or university seeking new faculty or in response to a job posting;
- By the end of the third fellowship year, apply and receive an offer to transition from postdoctoral fellow to faculty or advanced career-track position.
Application instructions may be found here.