Frequently Asked Questions
What makes these clinics special?
- Referral source for professionals treating patients with special problems
- Aids the family in understanding the concerns and the treatment possibilities
- Treatment planning related to growth and development
- Coordination and followup management
- Facilitation of direct care
Will my insurance cover the evaluations?
In most instances, medical/dental insurers or public welfare agencies will cover the comprehensive interdisciplinary evaluations in the Clinic. Special arrangements can be made with a financial counselor in the School of Dentistry.
How are referrals and appointments made?
- Prefer a letter from a professional currently seeing the patient
- The Clinic will contact the family directly to arrange the appointment time
- Further information may be obtained by contacting the Clinic.