Class Entering in Fall 2016
The application cycle for the class entering in Fall 2016 will open June 1, 2015. The materials listed below must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Diversity no later than December 1, 2015 for consideration. Once all of the following materials are received, your file will be reviewed and considered for an interview.
- The School of Dentistry uses the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS), which is a centralized application service provided by the American Dental Education Association: www.adea.org. Please note that the time it takes for ADEA to process your application once submitted can take several weeks so it is ideal to apply early.
- The School of Dentistry also requires that applicants submit an electronic School of Dentistry Supplemental Application with an $85 application fee. It will become available June 1, 2015. at www.dentistry.umn.edu.
- DAT scores must be received by the Office of Admissions and Diversity no later than December 1, 2015. If a student is retaking the DAT, new scores must be received by the Office of Admissions and Diversity no later than January 1, 2016. Please note that these deadlines apply to those taking the Canadian DAT as well so please be aware of the time it takes for us to receive your scores after you've completed your February or November Canadian DAT examination.
- 3 letters of recommendation are required, 2 from science or math professors, and one from an employer or supervisor from a volunteer position. Additional letters may be submitted in addition to the required letters. Letters of recommendation may be sent via AADSAS or directly to the School of Dentistry.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for applicants where English is not the primary language spoken at home. The scores should be submitted with other supplemental application materials, if this exam is required of you. The final date for receipt is December 1, 2015.