School of Dentistry Class reunions are traditionally organized by class officers or self-identified class representatives. Each summer the Office of Alumni Relations contacts the Class Presidents for years that are due for a reunion (5-10 year increments) however Class Presidents are not the only alumni who can organize reunions, this task is open to any interested individual.
The Office of Alumni Relations is happy to provide the following for reunions planned by alumni:
- Two sets of labels for alumni from your class (one for a save the date, one for an invitation)
- Email blasts sent from the University’s mass email tool to alumni with email in our data base
- Promotion on the School of Dentistry alumni event web page
- Ideas for locations, dates, and supplemental activities on or off campus
- Coordinate the appearance of the School of Dentistry Dean (if requested by organizers)
- 2-3 prizes to be given away at the reunion
- Maroon and Gold décor items (pom-poms, signage, mardi gras beads) for the reunion
- Blank name tags
In return, the Alumni Office asks that organizers provide us with the date and details of the event as well as any updated information gathered through the mailings and the event. A print out of the labels will be provided so that changes can be recorded on that document.
A large number of reunions occur during the MN Dental Association’s Star of the North Annual Session. The deadline for reunions and events to be included in the Annual Session program is early October. Contact the MDA for specific details and future dates.
Contact email@example.com or call 612-625-6811 to start your reunion planning process.
Class of 1968
To be held at the Dental School
and The Commons Hotel
on Friday, September 7, 2018
Planners: Dr. Godes; C. C. Anderson
If you would like to consult about organizing your own class reunion, contact Erin Elliott in the Alumni Office (612-626-6884 or firstname.lastname@example.org)