Application Instructions - Dr. Fanny N. Freund Advanced Education Scholarship
2020-2021 Application cycle opens Monday, November 16, 2020. Applications will be accepted until midnight, Friday, December 18, 2020.
To apply for the Dr. Fanny N. Freund Advanced Education Scholarship, applicants should follow the process listed below and have all items fully completed and submitted no later than midnight, CST, on Friday, December 18, 2020.
Complete the online application form. The online application form will ask applicants to enter student profile information and prompt applicants to upload one personal statement/essay. Personal statements should include the applicant's full name, be no more than 500 words, and uploaded as a PDF. Personal statements should address:
- What makes you interested in pursuing a career in education?
- What steps have you taken to explore your interest in education?
- What is a challenge you see in pursuing a career in dental education?
At least one letter of support (no more than two) from an academic professional that can speak on the quality of the applicant’s work while enrolled in their advanced education/graduate program at the School of Dentistry. Letters of support should be emailed to Josette Fontana, email@example.com, and must be sent directly from the letter-writer. Letters of support are due by 4:00 PM, CST, on Monday, December 21, 2020. Letters-writers should follow the guidelines listed below:
- Letters should indicate the applicant’s full name.
- Letters should indicate how long and in what capacity the author has known the applicant.
- Letters should include specific examples of why the applicant is a strong fit for the scholarship.
- Letters should be on professional letterhead.
- Letter-writer’s signature is required on the letter. Along with full name, title, institution, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
Scholarship Acceptance Agreement
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time in an advanced education program at the School of Dentistry during the semester the scholarship is received.
- The School of Dentistry includes names of scholarship recipients in publications and on school marquees. It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to notify Mallory Hedquist (firstname.lastname@example.org), if the recipient does not want their name as part of any public recognition.