Gary H. Hildebrandt, DDS, MS
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Restorative Sciences
DDS, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1981
MS, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry (Restorative Dentistry), 1981
Oakland University (Biology), 1977
Awards & Recognition
- Caries risk assessment and control protocols
- Clinical evaluation of the effect of xylitol on mutans streptococci and dental caries
- Clinical evaluation of chlorhexidine to suppress or eliminate oral mutans streptococci
- Sustained-release varnishes and varnish coated mouthguards as drug & fluoride delivery devices
- Comparison of chair-side cultural tests for dental caries
- Relationship between dental caries and diet
- Relationships between dental disease and systemic diseases
Hildebrandt GH, Pape HR Jr, Syed SA, Gregory WA, Friedman M. Effect of slow-release chlorhexidine mouthguards on the levels of selected salivary bacteria. Caries Research 1992; 26:268-274.
Hildebrandt GH, Loesche WJ, Lin C-F, Bretz WA. Comparison of the number and type of dental functional units in geriatric populations with diverse medical backgrounds. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 1995; 73:253-261.
Loesche WJ, Abrams J, Terpenning MS, Bretz WA, Dominguez BL, Grossman NS, Hildebrandt GH, Langmore SE, Lopatin DE. Dental findings in geriatric populations with diverse medical backgrounds. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics 1995; 80:43-54.
Hildebrandt GH. Caries risk assessment and prevention for adults. Journal Of Dental Education 1995; 59:972-979.
Hildebrandt GH. Effect of repeated treatment with sustained-release chlorhexidine mouthguards on salivary levels of mutans streptococci. Caries Research 1996; 30:445-453.
Hildebrandt GH, Dominguez BL, Schork MA, Loesche WJ. Functional units, chewing, swallowing, and food avoidance among the elderly. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 1997; 77:588-595.
Achong RA, Briskie DM, Hildebrandt GH, Feigal RJ, Loesche WJ. Effect of chlorhexidine varnish mouthguards on the levels of selected oral microorganisms in pediatric patients. Journal of Pediatric Dentistry 1999; 21:169-175.
Hildebrandt GH and Sparks BS. Maintaining mutans streptococci suppression with xylitol chewing gum. Journal of the American Dental Association, 2000; 131:909-916.