Harold K. Tu, MD, DMD
Director, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
School of Dentistry
Director, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry
- Factorial comparison of zomepirac with codeine and pain secondary to dental surgery,grant supported by McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- A retrospective study of rigid internal fixation in the management of mandibular fractures, grant supported by Richards Manufacturing
- A retrospective study of vocal cord paralysis presented at the Nebraska Chapter of American College of Surgery, Omaha, Nebraska, 1980
- Detailed research protocol for arthrography of normal temporomandibular joints Palacos R/Gentamicin Bone Cement and Multi-Clinic Study, ID application #12470
Research Funding Grants
- Principal Investigator: Factorial Comparison of Zomepirac with Codeine and Pain Secondary to Dental Surgery, grant supported by McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.,December 1982- $3,000.00
- Principal Investigator: A Retrospective Study of Rigid Internal Fixation in the Management of Mandibular Fractures, grant supported by Richards Manufacturing, Inc., September 1981-$3,024.00
- Principal Investigator: Arthrography of Normal Temporomandibular Joints, by University of Nebraska Medical Center See Grant. $1,500.00
- Co-Investigator: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance of Normal Temporomandibular Joint, Submitted to University of Nebraska Medical Center See Grant. March 1985 - $5,000.00
Alberts, L Russell, Phillips, Kenneth O., Tu, Harold K., Stinson, Warren W., Friedman, Andrew: A Biologic Model for Assessment of Osseous Strain Patterns and Plating Systems in the Human Maxilla, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, January 2003.
Engel, J.D., Ruskin J.D., Tu, H.K.: Hematologic Management of a Patient with Fanconi’s Anemia Undergoing Bone Grafting and Implant Surgery, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1992.
Ruskin, J.D., Tu, H.K.: Integrated Management of the Maxillofacial Trauma Patient with Multiple Injuries, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, 2:15-27, 1990.
Kaplan P.A., Tu, H.K., Koment M.A., Bennin J.W., Ruskin J.D.: Radiographic Features of Orthognathic Surgery for the Correction of Dentofacial Defects (part I), Radiology. 167:191-194, 1988, \
Kaplan P.A., Tu, H.K., Ruskin, J.D., Bennion J.W.: Orthognathic Surgery, Radiographic Manifestation of Complications (part II) Radiology, 167:195-198, 1988.
Laney T.J., Kaplan P.A., Tu H.K., Lydiatt D.D.: Evaluation of Bilateral Symmetry in Arthrography to the Normal Temporomandibular Joint, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1988.
Hollins R.R., Moyer D.J., Tu H.K.: Pseudoankylosis of the Mandible Following Temporal Bone Flap, Neurosurgery, Vol. 22, N.1, Part 1, 1988.
Severson GS, Ruskin JR, Tu H.K., Markin RS: Malignant fibrous histocytoma presenting in the right mandibular alveolar ridge and left lung: A case report, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 45:955-958, November 1987
Severson GS, Ruskin JR, Tu, HK, Markin RS: Malignant fibrous histocytoma presenting in the right mandibular alveolar ridge and left lung: A case report, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 45:955-958, November 1987
Kaplan PA, Reiskin A, Tu HK: Temporomandibular joint arthrography following surgical treatment of internal derangements, Radiology, 163:217-220, April, 1987
Laney, TJ, Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Lydiatt DD: Normal and abnormal temporomandibular joints: Quantitative evaluation of inferior joint space arthrography, International J. Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, 16:305-311, 1987
Kuhn, BS, Tu HK,: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for the Cleft Lip and Palate, Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, Volume 65, August 1986.
Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Sleder PR, Lydiatt DD: inferior joint space arthrography of normal temporomandibular joint: Reassessment of diagnostic criteria, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 159:585-589, June 1986
Lydiatt DD, Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Sleder PR: Morbidity associated with temporomandibular joint arthrography in clinically normal joints, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 44:8-10, January, 1986.
Kaplan PA, Tu HK, Lydiatt DD, Sleder PR, Williams SW: Temporomandibular joint arthrography of normal subjects: Prevalence of pain with ionic versus nonionic contrast agents, Journal of Radiology, 156 (3), September, 1985
Tu HK, TenHulzen DR: Compression Osteosynthesis of Mandibular Fractures: A Retrospective Study, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 43:585-589, August, 1985
Fridrich KL, Kempf KK, Tu HK,: Ludwig’s Angina: A Case Report, Journal of The Nebraska Dental Association, 61 (2):6-9, 1984.
Tu HK, Minton GA: Pneumomediastinum Pneumothorax and Cervical Emphysema Following Mandibular Fracture, Oral Surgery, Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine (Oral Surgery) 57:490-493, 1984.
Tu HK, Davis RB, Davis LF: Lupus Anticoagulant in a Patient Undergoing Oral Surgery, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 42 (1): 53-56, January 1984
Tu HK: Historical chapters in Chinese dentistry, Journal of Dental History, October, 1975
Nique TA, Tu HK: Anesthesia for Facial Plastic Surgery, Thieme Publications, Publication 1993.
Tu, HK, Davis, LF, Nique TA: Maxillofacial Injuries, Chapter 33, The Team Physician’s Handbook, MB Mellion, WM Walsh, GL Shelton Editors, Hanley and Belfus Publishers, 1990.
Nique TA, Tu HK: Fluids and Electrolytes, Residents Manual: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, PH Kwon and DN Laskin Editors, Quintessence Publishing Co., June 1989.
Tu HK, Secondary Reconstruction of Post Traumatic NOE Deformities, Knowledge Update: Part II, JF Piecuch Editor, Thieme Publications, 1996.
Tu HK, David LF: Traumatic Injuries to the Teeth and Jaws, Textbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, RB Donoff Editor, WB Saunders Publisher.
- Board Certified, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1984
- ACLS - current
- Federal Medical Licensure (FLEX) - 1981
- National Board of Dental Examiners - 1977