Professional Development Portfolio and Continuing Education Documentation
Professional Development Portfolio
In 2004, the Minnesota Board of Dentistry (BOD) passed new rules that gave the responsibility for keeping track of continuing education credit to the individual licensee/registrant. The elements for acceptable documentation of continuing education credit are:
- licensee’s/registrant’s name,
- course sponsor’s name, address and phone number (contact information for questions),
- credentials/qualifications of course presenters, and
- course title/subject matter, date and hours.
Continuing Education Documentation
The University of Minnesota (U of MN) School of Dentistry has developed the following system to meet BOD credit verification requirements. For acceptable documentation of U of MN School of Dentistry sponsored continuing education courses, you must complete all three of the following steps:
- Certificate of Attendance—You will receive your certificate of attendance when you check in for the course.
- Verification of Completion—During the course, you will receive a course completion code to record on your certificate of attendance. If you need to leave early, please check with the Continuing Dental Education team to obtain the needed verification code for the number of hours you are able to attend the program.
- Course Program—Keep a copy of your course program with your stamped certificate of attendance. Programs from past continuing education courses offered through the School of Dentistry's Continuing Dental Education program are available by request. Please contact us at (612) 625-1418, (800) 685-1418 or email@example.com to request a copy of a program.
We are pleased to meet your continuing education needs, including documentation of your continuing education credits.