Professional Development Portfolio and Continuing Education Documentation
Professional Development Portfolio
In 2004, the Minnesota Board of Dentistry (BOD) passed new rules that gave the responsibility for keeping track of continuing education credit to the individual licensee/registrant. The elements for acceptable documentation of continuing education credit are:
- licensee’s/registrant’s name,
- course sponsor’s name, address and phone number (contact information for questions),
- credentials/qualifications of course presenters, and
- course title/subject matter, date and hours.
Continuing Education Documentation
The University of Minnesota (U of MN) School of Dentistry has developed the following system to meet BOD credit verification requirements. For acceptable documentation of U of MN School of Dentistry sponsored continuing education courses, you must complete all three of the following steps:
- Letter of Attendance—You may pick up a letter from the registration staff during scheduled break times.
- Verification Stamp—When you leave, you will have your attendance verified with a stamp which will either include: “program completion confirmed” for full credit, or “partial program completion” which will indicate the number of hours attended.
- Course Program—You will need to keep a copy of your course program together with your stamped letter of attendance. Programs from past continuing education courses offered through the School of Dentistry's Continuing Dental Education program are available by request. Please contact us at (612) 625-1418, (800) 685-1418 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of a program.
We are pleased to meet your continuing education needs, including documentation of your continuing education credits.