56th Annual Dental Assistants' Seminar: Upgrade Your Technical Skills Toolbox
During Friday's Program, Learn How To
The MOXIE Mindset: Operating from Brave, Not Perfect
- Understand the power of the MOXIE mindset—MOXIE: guts, pluck, sassafras, grit, courage.
- Identify when limiting beliefs, like perfection, are getting in the way of your potential, possibilities, and pleasure
- Practice operating from the MOXIE zone to create the life you imagined
Orthodontics in Today’s Digital World
- Analyze trends in today's orthodontics marketplace
- Consider the value and ethics of virtual treatment plans, using them as discussion tools when meeting patients, families, and peers
- Discuss the pitfalls and potential benefits of quick, six-month, and DIY orthodontics
Navigating the Diabetes Conversation
- Develop best practices in diabetes care
- Utilize research and guidelines to advance your understanding of diabetes
- Help your patients overcome barriers to optimal health
The (Seriously Fun) 2021 OSHA/CDC in Dentistry Show!
- Review of the OSHA/CDC guidelines for infection control in dentistry
- Practical application of OSHA/CDC protocols and recommendations in your dental office
- Promote a culture of high-quality infectious disease control
- Integrate HIPAA requirements into your daily record-keeping
- Protect PHI and ePHI in a digital world
- Discuss the ramifications of HIPAA non-compliance
During Saturday's Program, Learn How To
You, Me and TMD
- Discuss TMD care plans with your dental team and patients
- Assess current recommendations in appliances and pain management
- Consider why Botox is used in the management of TMD
Implant Pieces and Parts
- Identify various parts of an implant
- Set up, takedown, and process trays
- Identify key terminology when discussing implants with patients
- Document implant-related procedures in patient charts
Pro Tips in IV Sedation and Management of Medical Emergencies
- Discuss IV sedation and safety requirements with patients and team members
- Analyze the most common medical emergencies
- Determine the role of various team members in medical emergencies
Amp Up Your Value with Social Media Smarts
- Consider the benefits and pitfalls of varied social media
- Steer clear of HIPAA violations when using social media
- Engage new and current patients with innovative, fun, high-quality social media
Illustrated lectures, discussion, and case studies
Credits and Fees
$290 both days
$145 Friday or Saturday only
6.25 Hours Friday
6.00 Hours Saturday
6.25 Fundamental Credit Hours Friday
6.00 Fundamental Credit Hours Saturday
Friday's program includes CORE Subject Areas
- Patient Communication
Includes MANDATORY Subject Area
- Infection Control
Saturday's program includes CORE Subject Areas
- Management of Medical Emergencies
- Patient Communication
- Record Keeping
Nan Kosydar Dreves, RDH, MBA is the President of Professional Health Horizons, a Compliance Consultant Group for Dentistry. She has been a Registered Dental Hygienist for over 20 years and has extensive knowledge of occupational health, safety, and compliance issues for dental professionals. She also serves as a Management Practice Consultant for clients in the Midwest, is a Certified OSHA Safety trainer, and OSAP certified.
Kristi Hemmer, MEd, is the Founder of the Academy for Women's Empowerment. Before opening and leading this unique organization, she spent over 20 years in education as a teacher, counselor, and principal. Kristi then completed her coaching certification from an ICF program. As an educator, she saw firsthand how girls and women shrink inside classrooms and communities worldwide. Kristi committed time to travel the world, learning about social entrepreneurship and the GIRLeffect, leading to the Academy for Women's Empowerment launch. When Kristi is not coaching women, writing, or teaching, she is traveling the world. She has been to all seven continents, including 60 countries, and leads the annual POWERCamp in El Salvador.
Tija Hunter, CDA, EFDA, CDIA, CDSO, CDSH, MADAA, is a member and past vice president of the American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA) and holds the honor of Master. Tija is the editor of Dental Assisting Digest and contributes to Dental Economics magazine. She is the Dental Careers Institute director, a dental assisting and dental continuing education program, and the author of seven continuing education study courses. She is an international speaker and a certified trainer in nitrous oxide in several states. Tija was named one of the Top 25 Women in Dentistry by Dental Products Report magazine in 2015.
Cyndee Stull, MDH, received her dental hygiene education at the University of South Dakota. After receiving an Associate degree in Dental Hygiene at USD, she furthered her public health education at the University of Minnesota. She received a Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene Public Health in 1982. Ms. Stull worked in private practice dental hygiene until November 2014. In 2009, Ms. Stull began her career as a dental hygiene educator at Argosy University in Eagan, Minnesota. She joined the University of Minnesota, Division of Dental Hygiene, in 2010. Ms. Stull received a Master of Dental Hygiene degree from the University of Minnesota in 2013. In 2018, Ms. Stull became the director of the MSDH program at the University of Minnesota.
Amy Tasca, DDS, PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor, within the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr. Tasca, originally from Winona, Minnesota, completed a six-year BA/DDS program at the University of Missouri Kansas City. After graduation, she practiced general dentistry in Breckenridge, Colorado. She then completed a teaching fellowship in Oral Surgery at UMKC. In 2012, Dr. Tasca returned to Minnesota to begin work on her PhD in conjunction with her Certificate in Orthodontics. After her residency program in 2018, she joined the University of Minnesota's Division of Orthodontics as a full-time faculty member.
If you are joining us via Zoom:
- If you do not have a Zoom account, please create one prior to the webinar.
- Not familiar with Zoom? Please watch this helpful video.
- Having difficulty during the webinar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our goal is to send you a personalized Certificate of Completion within 48 hours of the completion of the program.
If you’re joining us for the Live Session:
- Final registration will begin at 7:30 AM on Friday and at 8:00 AM on Saturday.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:00 AM to 3:45 PM on Friday and from 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM on Saturday.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included. If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.