Botox and Dermal Fillers: Live-patient Training
Saturday-Sunday, January 19-20, 2019
Esthetic dentistry has seen an absolute boom over the last 30 years. But creating beautiful smiles doesn’t end with the dentition, it involves all the surrounding soft tissues. It’s time to bring your esthetic practice to the next level!
This comprehensive, two-day hands-on course prepares you to successfully integrate Botox® and dermal filler treatments into your practice. If you are seeking to learn the injections or just to refresh your skills and knowledge, you’ll leave with a deeper understanding of esthetic evaluation, diagnosis, appropriate injectable selection, a three-dimensional appreciation of the facial envelope as well as how to avoid and manage adverse events.
This intensive weekend begins with robust didactic presentations each morning. The human cadaver anatomy workshop establishes a solid foundation for the layer-by-layer review of the muscles of facial expression, arterial supply, innervation and location of nerves, fat compartments, and bony substructure. The afternoon sessions focus on live-patient treatment with one-on-one instructor guidance.
Learn How To
- Identify specific areas of the aging face and features that can be improved by injectables
- Conduct a thorough patient consultation to evaluate the potential need for and assess the suitability of facial injectables
- Explain the biochemistry of botulinum toxins
- Discuss the physical properties of hyaluronic acid-based fillers and how to select the appropriate formulations
- Identify danger zones and pertinent neurovascular anatomy in a human cadaver specimen
- Avoid, recognize and manage adverse events
- Correctly document treatment – in writing and photographically
- Demonstrate aseptic standard of care
- Understand CDC guidelines for proper handling and reconstitution of multi-use vials
- Summarize patient aftercare
Lecture, case studies, instructor-led demonstrations, simulated patient injections, live-patient injections
Meet Our Expert
Gigi Meinecke, RN, BSN, DMD, FAGD, maintains a private practice specializing in cosmetic dentistry and facial esthetics. Dr. Meinecke received her nursing degree from The College of New Jersey and her DMD from Boston University Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry. Her interest and activity in the field of facial injectables began in 2004. In addition to teaching Botox® and Dermal Fillers nationally since 2010, Dr. Meinecke is a leading figure in cosmetic and facial esthetic procedures. She provides the only injectable training that includes a cadaver review workshop. As a committed practitioner and advocate at the national level, Dr. Meinecke seeks to expand and elevate the standards of care in facial esthetics across the domains of dentistry, medicine, and other cosmetic specialties.
- Final registration will begin at 7:30 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available each morning.
- The program will run from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
Twin cities area dentists will be asked to bring patients to the training session. Patients may be provided for dentists who do not practice within the region.
Information on patients, as well as the cost and purchase of injectables used during the course, will be sent prior to the session. Participants may choose to pass these costs along to the patient they bring for the live-patient treatment session.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least 1 month (30 days) before the program. If you cancel less than one month prior to the program, a $695 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Link to a map of the East Bank Campus and the Washington Avenue Parking Ramp.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
Push the button on the stationary box to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or if EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Graduate Minneapolis hotel guests only: If you are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), we encourage that you make parking reservations directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Graduate Minneapolis, 612-379-8888, and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for "Continuing Dental Education." Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus.
Enrollment is limited to 24.
A $695 deposit is due at the time of registration. The balance of the tuition is due by December 21, 2018.
Tuition includes meals, parking, as well as most materials and supplies.
Information on the cost and purchase of injectables used during the course will be emailed prior to the session. Participants may choose to pass these costs along to the patient they bring for the afternoon live-patient treatment sessions.
Eligible for AGD Mastership credit in esthetics/cosmetic dentistry.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day
5-125 Moos HS Tower