Dental Therapists – A New Generation of Oral Health Providers, Part 2: Implementation and Business Best Practices
Learn How To
- Discuss the benefits and potential roadblocks when adding a dental therapist to your team
- Example a standard Collaborative Management Agreement between a dentist and a dental therapist
- Recognize the most commonly provided and billed procedures by dental therapists
- Consider how dental therapists communicate among assistants, hygienists, and dentists when providing care
- Address the potential of adding a dental therapist to your business model and annual budget
- Analyze 3rd party payer and governmental program billing and reimbursement best practices when adding a dental therapist to your dental office
- Utilization of an Advanced Dental Therapist
The Pew Charitable Trusts provided educational support for this course.
This course is a partnership with the Minnesota Dental Therapy Association.
Credits and Fees
You must register for this course by 12 PM Central Time on Tuesday, February 9, 2021, to receive Zoom webinar information & continuing dental education credits.
1.5 Fundamental Credit Hours
Includes CORE Subject Area:
- Patient Communications
The presenters and panelists are members of the Minnesota Dental Therapy Association as well as providers of dental care. Final presenter details will be available January 2021.
Prepare for Your Zoom Webinar
- Create your free Zoom account at www.zoom.us.
- Download the Zoom application to your computer, if prompted.
- If needed, test Zoom before the course or watch YouTube videos for tips on how to join a meeting.
30 Minutes Before Your Webinar Starts
- Look for the Zoom Meeting ID and Password in your email in-box.
IMPORTANT: The Zoom Meeting ID and Password will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Choose Join a Meeting in the upper right corner.
- If prompted, download Zoom information or click Yes to run Zoom.
- Type in your first name and last initial, if prompted. Provide your email, if requested.
- You will see a welcome screen and should hear music. If you do not hear music, check your volume and adjust as needed. Throughout the event, you will be on mute, and your video will not be on.
- Say hello in the chat box.
- Locate the Q and A folder. If you have questions during the webinar, type your questions here. Our presenters respond to questions at the end of their allotted presentation time.
Having Difficulty? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates of Completion
Our goal is to provide a personalized Certificate of Completion within 48 hours of the completion of the program.
IMPORTANT: Your Certificate of Course Completion will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
If you do not receive your certificate within 5 days of the program, email email@example.com.