Exodontia Techniques Workshop
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Practical Oral Surgery for the General Practitioner - Friday, March 2, 2018.
This unique, small group size, hands-on workshop is designed to enhance your exodontia techniques and help you perform surgical procedures with greater efficiency and predictability. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with Dr. Alonge, you will explore a range of cutting-edge strategies.
The morning and afternoon sessions will be limited to 20 attendees each. This program has a course pre-requisite, Practical Oral Surgery for the General Practitioner, which will be held on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Learn How To
Principles of Exodontia Review
- Investigate proper uses of elevators
- Examine proper uses of specialty forceps
- Examine routine extractions
- Identify fracture roots
- Apply socket preservation bone grafting
- Demonstrate updated suturing strategies
- Demonstrate surgical extractions
- Model third molar techniques
Presentation, materials-based hands-on activities
A. Titan Instruments
Meet Our Expert
John Alonge, DDS, MS, is a practicing oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Erie, PA. Dr. Alonge graduated from the University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery in 1983 and has been in practice for 34 years. He currently practices at Oral Surgery of Erie, PC, and is affiliated with Saint Vincent Hospital and UPMC Hamot Medical Center. Dr. Alonge has extensive experience in all subspecialty areas such as dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants, corrective jaw and facial surgery, and has an affinity for the management of anxious patients.
- Final registration will begin at 7:15 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 7:30 to 11:00 AM.
- There will be a 15-minute refreshment break mid-morning.
- Final registration will begin at 12:45 PM.
- Light refreshments will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 1:00 to 4:30 PM.
- There will be a 15-minute refreshment break mid-afternoon.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
Please note that on weekends, you must enter Moos Tower from the second floor (the Washington Avenue entrance located below street level) or use the tunnel from the Washington Avenue parking ramp to access Moos Tower.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one month (30 working days) before the program. If you cancel less than one month prior to the program, a $100 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Directions & Map
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Moos HS Tower is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus, at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Harvard Street SE.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Graduate Minneapolis hotel guests only: If you are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), we encourage that you make parking reservations directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Graduate Minneapolis, located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Graduate Minneapolis, 612-379-8888, and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for “Continuing Dental Education.” Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email email@example.com with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus
Enrollment is limited to 20 per session.
Eligible for AGD Mastership credit in oral surgery.
7:30 to 11:00 AM
Session One has filled. Please register for Session Two - Course Number 1251018C.
1:00 to 4:30 PM
6-410 Moos HS Tower
(Lynda J. Young Conference Room)