Your Team's Complete 3-ring Binder for OSHA, Safety & Infection Control
Friday, October 5, 2018
This fast-paced seminar will provide you and your entire team with hands-on experience creating a customized office safety and infection prevention manual. Working together, we will construct an office-centered manual that complements your OSHA manual and increases infection control awareness.
Learn how to establish safety plans for your practice with templates, step-by-step instructions, and checklists. By working through this program, you will learn how to make infection control “sticky” with checklists, training techniques, and assessment tools from the CDC’s Infection Prevention Checklist.
This course provides you with a take-home, customized manual that will help you immediately create a culture of infection prevention and safety in your dental office. Our expert, Leslie Canham, will also guide you through the steps to set up an Exposure Incident Protocol and conduct an office safety meeting.
Please note: Our course materials do not include an OSHA manual. Instead, we will focus on creating a customized safety plan to accompany your OSHA manual.
Learn How To
- Create a New Employee OSHA Training Checklist with all required documentation and recordkeeping forms
- Discuss 14 elements of Annual Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Explain the meaning of labels, signs, and symbols of the New Hazard Communication System
- Create, step by step, an Exposure Incident Protocol to meet OSHA requirements
- Expedite first aid and/or medical evaluation
- Role-play an exposure incident, acting out the steps of exactly what to do when the unthinkable happens
- Utilize the CDC Guidelines Summary Checklist as an assessment tool for your practice
- Discuss training techniques to make infection control and office safety memorable and repeatable
- Examine checklists for instrument processing, operatory set-up/breakdown, and lab procedures
- Reinforce proper infection control protocols using hands-on techniques and discussion
- Locate reliable resources for OSHA and infection control
Presentations, discussion, group activity
Meet Our Expert
Leslie Canham, CDA, RDA, is a widely recognized speaker and consultant specializing in infection control, OSHA compliance, the Dental Practice Act, HIPAA regulations, and a variety of subjects surrounding accommodating and treating special needs patients. She is authorized by the Department of Labor as an OSHA Outreach Trainer, with experience serving on the American Dental Association’s Council on Dental Practice. Her research has been featured in the Journal of the American Dental Assistants Association, Infection Control Practice, and Dentaltown. In dentistry since 1972, Leslie lectures nationally and internationally where she has earned the reputation as an outstanding speaker. Her fast-paced, entertaining programs deliver up-to-date, accurate information dental teams can implement immediately.
- Final registration will begin at 8:00 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one week (five working days) before the program. If you cancel less than one week prior to the program, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions and parking
Directions & Map
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Moos HS Tower is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus, at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Harvard Street SE.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Graduate Minneapolis hotel guests only: If you are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), we encourage that you make parking reservations directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Graduate Minneapolis, located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Graduate Minneapolis, 612-379-8888, and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for “Continuing Dental Education.” Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email email@example.com with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus
$185 senior citizen dentist, dental therapist, dental hygienist, dental assistant, business staff
$165 second and each additional dental therapist, hygienist, assistant or business staff
6 core (Infection Control)
8:30 AM to 3:45 PM
Continuing Education & Conference Center
St. Paul Campus