Fall 2021 Core and Mandatory Training for the Entire Dental Team
Learn How To
Minnesota Board of Dentistry Updates and Infection Control Insights
- Assess Minnesota's expectations related to infection control and what we have learned from our collective Covid experience
- Discuss the role of Board of Dentistry in state COVID response
- Consider current initiatives: Vaccinations, Scope of Practice, Dental Assisting Demand
Today’s Common Medications and Why They Matter
- Assess commonly prescribed medications to adults for contraception, sexually transmitted infections, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, asthma, smoking cessation, depression and mental health, insomnia, and pain management
- Discuss how common medications impact oral health
A Whole-person Approach to Mental Health
- Discuss integrative treatments such as supplements, diet modification, functional medicine, or acupuncture for mental health
- Consider how mindfulness, self-compassion, and positive psychology can decrease the impact of stigma found in mental illness, foster acceptance, and build resilience
Buckle Up! Insurance Changes are Coming
- Discover your office's true insurance position
- Update your practice's insurance metrics
- Sidestep typical insurance staffing, ethical, and systemic pitfalls
Moving Your Patients to Yes!
- Communicate treatment needs more effectively
- Overcome common patient plan objections
- Establish stable financial arrangements that work for your office and your patients
Illustrated lectures, panel discussions, case studies
Credits and Fees
$185 senior citizen dentist, dental therapist, dental hygienist, dental assistant
6 Fundamental Credit Hours
Includes CORE Subject Areas:
- Patient Communication
Includes MANDATORY Subject Area:
- Infection Control
Meet our Experts
Bridgett Anderson, LDA, MBA, has nearly 20 years of experience in the dental field. Her expertise ranges from clinical dentistry, previously as a licensed dental assistant and dental office manager, to dental safety, prevention and regulation. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Biology along with a Master's degree in Business Administration. Her current position is Executive Director of the Minnesota Board of Dentistry, the state agency responsible for licensure and regulation of over 17,000 dental professionals in Minnesota.
Teresa Duncan, MS, is the Owner and President of Odyssey Management, Inc. She received her Master's Degree in Healthcare Management from Marymount University. She is a widely published author, podcast expert, and contributor to dental and health-related publications. Dental Products Report magazine has named Teresa one of the Top 25 Women in Dentistry. She has provided consulting services to the American Dental Association's Guidelines for Practice Success™ and is a contributing author for the ADA's CDT Companion Guide.
Kristyn Williamson, PharmD, BCACP, is a Clinical Preceptor with the Postgraduate Pharmacy Residency Program and Teaching Specialist at the University of Minnesota. She also serves as an ambulatory care pharmacist in family medicine at MHealth Fairview Smiley's clinic, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She completed her undergraduate work in Cell and Molecular Biology at Winona State University, graduate-level pharmacy education at the University of Minnesota, and the community residency program at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. Dr. Williamson is an active collaborator with the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, including partnerships and publications in pharmacology, interprofessional practice and learning, and collaborative practice models. She is an active member of the American Pharmacists Association.
Lidia Zylowska, MD, is an Associate Professor within the University of Minnesota's Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Zylowska completed her psychiatry training at UCLA and pursued additional training in mindfulness and integrative medicine. She is a graduate of UCLA Center for East-West Medicine and Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine. Through her research work as the UCLA Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar, Dr. Zylowska pioneered mindfulness in ADHD and developed the Mindful Awareness Practices (MAPs). She is a co-founding member of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research project and the author of an award-winning book, The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD: An 8-Step Program for Strengthening Attention, Managing Emotions, and Achieving Your Goals.
It is the policy of the University of Minnesota Office of Continuing Dental Education to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all of its sponsored educational activities. All participating speakers, course directors, and planning committee members are required to disclose to the program audience any financial relationships related to the subject matter of this program. Relationships of spouse/partner with proprietary entities producing health care goods or services should be disclosed if they are of a nature that may influence the objectivity of the individual in a position to control the content of the CDE activity. Disclosure information is reviewed in advance in order to manage and resolve any possible conflicts of interest. Specific disclosure information for each speaker, course director, and planning committee member will be shared with the audience prior to the speaker’s presentation.
Continuing Dental Education Staff members have nothing to disclose.
The following information was received from our speakers for this course. It is not assumed these financial interests or affiliations will have an adverse impact on course presentations. They simply are noted here to fully inform course participants.
Indicated no relevant affiliations or financial interests. Speaker does not intend to discuss an off-label/investigative use of a commercial product/device.
If you are joining us via Zoom:
- If you do not have a Zoom account, please create one prior to the webinar.
- Not familiar with Zoom? Please watch this helpful video.
- Having difficulty during the webinar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re joining us for the Live Session:
Final registration will begin at 8:00 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included. If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
Directions, Map & Parking
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
3675 Arboretum Drive
Chaska, Minnesota 55318
Please inform the gate attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference. You will be directed to the nearest parking area. Admission to the Arboretum is included in your course tuition.
We suggest the following accommodations if you wish to stay close to the Arboretum:
Country Inn & Suites, Chanhassen