Streamlined, Systematic Recordkeeping for the Dental Team
Thursday afternoon, April 5, 2018
Patient records are an integral part of managing the progress of a patient’s oral health. In addition, the patient record becomes an important document that is used to address a patient complaint. You can avoid problems through a solid understanding of the minimum recordkeeping rules and by practicing to today’s standards.
This practical workshop will help you assess your current dental record system and will give you the tools to ensure that your dental records meet the standards required by Minnesota law. Course materials will include samples of forms, letters, progress notes, and charting systems that you can use to enhance your current dental recordkeeping system.
Learn How To
- Identify the essential components of the dental patient record in the state of Minnesota
- Document and communicate treatment options with your patient
- Develop a well written progress note
- Document informed consent in your dental record
- Evaluate the recordkeeping system you currently use
- Apply current recordkeeping standards in your practice
Meet the Expert
Richard D. Nadeau, D.D.S., M.P.H., Director, Division of Comprehensive Care; Clinical Professor, Department of Primary Dental Care; Director, Clinical Treatment Planning, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr. Nadeau also served as the Director of the Emergency Clinic at the School of Dentistry from 1994 to 2001. He was in private practice in Minneapolis, Minnesota until joining the School of Dentistry faculty in 1993.
- Final registration will begin at 12:30 PM.
- A light snack and refreshments will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 1:00 to 4:15 PM.
- There will be 15-minute break mid-afternoon.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one week (five working days) prior to the program. If you cancel less than one week prior to the program, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Directions & Map
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Moos HS Tower is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus, at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Harvard Street SE.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Graduate Minneapolis hotel guests only: If you are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), we encourage that you make parking reservations directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Graduate Minneapolis, located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Graduate Minneapolis, 612-379-8888, and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for “Continuing Dental Education.” Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus
Enrollment is limited to 44.
$105 senior citizen dentist, dental therapist, dental hygienist, dental assistant, business staff
$90 second and each additional dental therapist, hygienist, assistant or business staff
3 core (Recordkeeping)
1:00 PM to 4:15 PM
Lynda J. Young Conference Room
(6-410 Moos HS Tower)