Getting to Yes with Patients: Strategies for Complex Planning, Sequencing & Payment
Friday, March 16, 2018
Partnering with patients to build a better understanding of their care plans, financial commitments, and the complexities of oral health is a team effort. During this one-day program, your entire dental team will build strategies to work with a range of patients who face decisions related to complex care plans, multi-visit care plans, and payment decisions.
All members of the dental team will learn concise, step-by-step, proven strategies to come to mutually acceptable agreements on a range of patient-relations issues.
Learn How To
- Identify what motivates a patient to choose to act
- Utilize the patient’s motivators to achieve greater health
- Build patient trust quickly
- Instill an accurate patient perception of their own dental health/dental illness
- Formulate a comprehensive treatment plan
- Develop a plan to optimize doctor’s time
- Effectively communicate comprehensive treatment needs
- Create a financial policy that supports comprehensive care
Presentation, group discussion, table-based exercises, and individual activities
Meet the Experts
Marci Proebstle is Vice President & Director of Consulting Services and co-founder of Accelerated Practice Concepts, Inc., where she has consulted with hundreds of dental practices, including general and specialty, throughout North America. Marci earned a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Thomas More College. Upon graduation, she was presented with the Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Scholar Award for Excellence.
Carol Dahlke, RDH, MDH, has been a Business and Clinical Consultant with Accelerated Practice Concepts, Inc. since 2010. She earned her Graduate Dental Hygienist, Baccalaureate, and Master’s degrees from the University of Minnesota. She practiced clinical dental hygiene for 26 years and has been adjunct faculty at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry since 2007. Carol has served as the Clinical Director for Special Olympics Special Smiles, is a member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association and a lifetime member of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
- Final registration will begin at 8:00 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one week (five working days) before the program. If you cancel less than one week prior to the program, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Directions & Map
The Great Hall (Ground Floor)
Coffman Memorial Student Union
300 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis MN 55455
The Coffman Memorial Union is located on the south side of Washington Avenue, just east of the Mississippi between the Weisman Art Museum and the Basic Sciences Building.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp, the East River Road Garage, or the Weisman Art Museum Garage.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or if EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending the Continuing Dental Education conference.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides one of these three ramps, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Commons Hotel Guests Only: If you are staying at the Commons Hotel, we encourage that you make parking reservations in the Washington Avenue Parking Ramp directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
MAPS & DIRECTIONS
Link to a map of the East Bank Campus and the parking ramps.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Commons Hotel, located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Commons Hotel at 612-379-8888 and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for “Continuing Dental Education”. Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus.
$175 senior citizen dentist, dental therapist, dental hygienist, dental assistant, office team member
$155 second and each additional dental therapist, hygienist, assistant or office team member
4.5 core (Patient Communication)
1.5 core (Diagnosis & Treatment Planning)
8:30 AM to 3:45 PM
Coffman Memorial Union
University of Minnesota