Gingival Displacement & Soft Tissue Management: A Training Program
Saturday morning, October 6, 2018
A Board of Dentistry rule that went into effect April 2015 allows Minnesota licensed dental assistants and dental hygienists to place nonsurgical retraction material for gingival displacement under direct supervision, after successfully completing an accredited course.
This practical hands-on course will give you (or your clinical staff) the knowledge and skills to confidently perform gingival retraction procedures in practice. You will benefit from a Minnesota Board of Dentistry approved training program taught by experienced instructors who teach these procedures to dental students at the School of Dentistry.
Learn How To
- define gingival displacement and hemostasis.
- identify the use of gingival displacement in different clinical situations.
- describe the different methods and techniques of gingival displacement.
- recognize the role of gingival displacement in successful treatment outcomes.
- recognize the limitations and clinical contraindications of gingival displacement.
- identify materials and instruments needed in gingival retraction procedures.
- perform gingival retraction using single cord, double cord and contemporary mechanicochemical techniques.
Illustrated lectures, discussion, demonstrations, laboratory exercises and clinical simulation on typodonts.
Meet Our Expert
Ranier M. Adarve, DMD, MS, MHPE, prosthodontist, Associate Professor, Division of Prosthodontics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. This course is under the direction of Dr. Adarve.
- Final registration will begin at 7:30 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:00 AM to 12:15 PM.
- There will be a 15-minute refreshment break mid-morning.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
Please note that on weekends, you must enter Moos Tower from the second floor (the Washington Avenue entrance located below street level) or use the tunnel from the Washington Avenue parking ramp to access Moos Tower.
What to wear
Please wear scrubs or casual clothing. We suggest that you also bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one month (30 working days) before the program. If you cancel less than one month prior to the program, a $100 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card, the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Directions & Map
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Moos HS Tower is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus, at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Harvard Street SE.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is full or EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
Link to a list of hotels near campus.