Implant Supported Prosthesis Utilizing the All-on-4™ Treatment Concept: A Hands-on Program
Saturday-Sunday, April 14-15, 2018
Full arch rehabilitation with the All-on-4™ treatment concept provides your patients with a solution to the problems inherent with traditional dentures.
This comprehensive course will give you a clear understanding of the surgical and prosthetic aspects of an implant supported prosthesis, particularly the All-on-4™ treatment concept. Discussions and hands-on exercises on typodonts will focus mainly on the procedural steps for immediate denture provisionalization and the final restoration.
You will gain practical experience with the placement of appropriate implant components, final impression techniques, fabrication of a verification jig, trimming and converting dentures, and utilizing CAD/CAM for milled bars that support the final prosthesis. You will benefit from the clinical experience and insights of a team of university-based specialists who have adopted and incorporated the All-on-4™ treatment concept into their practices.
Learn How To
- Recognize the clinical indications of an implant supported prosthesis and its benefit to patients
- Describe the surgical aspect of the treatment and how it affects the prosthetic outcome
- Establish effective communication with the implant surgeon
- Identify step-by-step procedures in denture conversion and the final prosthesis
- Apply skills that are relevant to the restoration of an edentulous case with implants
Illustrated lectures, case presentations, demonstrations and hands-on experience.
Meet Our Experts
Ranier M. Adarve, DMD, MS, MHPE, prosthodontist; Associate Professor, Division of Prosthodontics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr. Adarve maintains a part-time private practice in Apple Valley, Minnesota.
Lisa F. James, DDS, prosthodontist; part-time Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Prosthodontics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr. James maintains a full-time private practice in Plymouth, Minnesota.
Deborah K. Johnson, DDS, Certificate, Periodontology; Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Periodontology, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry; Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology; Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Johnson maintains a part-time practice in the School of Dentistry Faculty Practice.
- Final registration will begin at 8:00 AM on Saturday.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration and each subsequent morning.
- The program will run from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Saturday and from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Sunday.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
Please bring magnification loupes with you to the course if you use them in practice.
Please note that on weekends, you must enter Moos Tower from the second floor (the Washington Avenue entrance located below street level) or use the tunnel from the Washington Avenue parking ramp to access Moos Tower.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one month (30 total days) before the program. If you cancel less than 30 days prior to the program $595 will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Directions & Map
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Moos HS Tower is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus, at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Harvard Street SE.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Graduate Minneapolis hotel guests only: If you are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), we encourage that you make parking reservations directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Graduate Minneapolis, located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Graduate Minneapolis, 612-379-8888, and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for “Continuing Dental Education.” Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email email@example.com with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus
Enrollment is limited to 30.
A $595 deposit is due at the time of registration. The balance of the tuition is due by March 16, 2018. Registrations made after March 16, 2018, will be paid in full at the time of registration.
1 core (Diagnosis & Treatment Planning)
Eligible for AGD Mastership credit in implants and fixed prosthodontics.
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (Saturday)
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM (Sunday)
Lynda J. Young Conference Room
6-410 Moos HS Tower