Individualized Instruction in Hospital Dentistry
You will gain one-on-one instruction with School of Dentistry faculty and benefit from the opportunity to observe actual operating room dental cases.
Learn How To
- Identify patients who would benefit from dental treatment under general anesthesia in a hospital setting
- Conduct a preoperative physical evaluation of the patient
- Perform dental procedures within the operating room
- Document dental services in the in-patient chart
- Identify procedures for patient admission and patient discharge
- Provide consultation to other hospital services
- Apply for hospital privileges
Lectures, case discussion and observation of the delivery of dental services in the operating room
Credits and Fees
16 hours (two days)
16 Fundamental Credit Hours
Date and time individually arranged
Mark A. Roettger, DDS, Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Hospital and Special Care Dentistry, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr Roettger is a General Dentist with a special interest in medically complex patients, dental trauma and Hospital Dentistry. He is the Chief of Dental Service, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota. As Associate Director of the General Practice Residency, he oversees residents in the hospital rotations in consult, emergency and operating room dentistry.