Individualized Instruction in Hospital Dentistry
You will gain one-on-one instruction with School of Dentistry faculty and benefit from the opportunity to observe actual operating room dental cases.
Learn How To
- Identify patients who would benefit from dental treatment under general anesthesia in a hospital setting
- Conduct a preoperative physical evaluation of the patient
- Perform dental procedures within the operating room
- Document dental services in the in-patient chart
- Identify procedures for patient admission and patient discharge
- Provide consultation to other hospital services
- Apply for hospital privileges
Lectures, case discussion and observation of the delivery of dental services in the operating room
Credits and Fees
16 hours (two days)
16 Fundamental Credit Hours
Date and time individually arranged
Mark A. Roettger, DDS, Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Comprehensive Care, Department of Primary Dental Care, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry; private practitioner, Stillwater, Minnesota. Dr. Roettger is an attending faculty in the University of Minnesota General Practice Residency (GPR) program, which includes supervising GPR residents in the operating room and during their cancer and transplant clinic rotations.