Medical Cannabis: Emerging Treatment Strategy or High-risk Fad?
Learn How To
- Consider your role in patients' ethical use of medical cannabis
- Understand the evidence for the therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis
- Recount the potential risks of medical cannabis
- Identify the key pharmacological differences between tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD)
- Apply knowledge about medical cannabis risk and benefits to conversations with your patients
*Please consult your state’s continuing dental education requirements prior to registering for this course. View Minnesota's continuing education requirement on opioids and non-pharmalogical pain management.
Electronically mediated: illustrated lectures, case studies
Credits and Fees
Minnesota Continuing Dental Education Credits
1.5 Fundamental Credit Hours
Includes CORE Subject Area:
- Patient Communication
Jon Ebbert, MD, is a Professor of Medicine at Mayo Clinic. His primary appointment is as a Consultant within the Division of Community Internal Medicine, where he also serves as the Associate Chair of Analytics and Quality. Dr. Ebbert completed his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Minnesota and his residency with Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. Dr. Ebbert’s research focuses on the promotion of a healthy lifestyle through the treatment of substance use and abuse.
Recorded: February 5, 2020. Reviewed and launched: March 3, 2020. Expiration date: 2022.