Office Oral Surgery: Practical Skills for Female Providers
Learn How To
- Summarize pre- and perioperative management of the surgical patient
- Communicate with patients to avoid medico-legal issues
- Schedule medically-compromised patients
- Document surgical assessment and risk within the patient record
- Control surgical complications
- Execute surgical and non-surgical removal of erupted teeth
- Accomplish surgical removal of third molars
- Perform pre-prosthetic and implant surgery
- Establish medical emergency response protocols
- Discuss principles of pain management
- Organize post-op management and home care
Illustrated lectures, discussion and case studies
Credits and Fees
7 Fundamental Credit Hours
Include CORE Subject Areas:
- Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
- Management of Medical Emergencies
- Patient Communication
- Record Keeping
Rachel Uppgaard, DDS, is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr. Uppgaard received her Bachelor of Arts, dental degree, and completed her residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Minnesota. She has taught at both the Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Minnesota. She is an active volunteer within the community. Dr. Uppgaard is a member of the American Dental Association and the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Angela Rake, DDS, completed her dental degree and advanced training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. She completed a maxillofacial surgery internship at the Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Dr. Rake practices at Dakota Valley Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & serves as an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. She lectures on numerous topics and has gained national attention for her innovative approaches to responsible opioid prescribing. Dr. Rake is a Diplomate with the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. She is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Association, Minnesota Dental Association, and Minneapolis District Dental Society. She is a past president of the Minnesota Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and serves as President of the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
Prepare for Your Zoom Webinar
- Create your free Zoom account at www.zoom.us.
- Download the Zoom application to your computer, if prompted.
- If needed, test Zoom before the course or watch YouTube videos for tips on how to join a meeting.
30 Minutes Before Your Webinar Starts
- Look for the Zoom Meeting ID and Password in your email in-box.
IMPORTANT: The Zoom Meeting ID and Password will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Choose Join a Meeting in the upper right corner.
- If prompted, download Zoom information or click Yes to run Zoom.
- Type in your first name and last initial, if prompted. Provide your email, if requested.
- You will see a welcome screen and should hear music. If you do not hear music, check your volume and adjust as needed. Throughout the event, you will be on mute, and your video will not be on.
- Say hello in the chat box.
- Locate the Q and A folder. If you have questions during the webinar, type your questions here. Our presenters respond to questions at the end of their allotted presentation time.
Having Difficulty? Email email@example.com
Certificates of Completion
Our goal is to provide a personalized Certificate of Completion within 48 hours of the completion of the program.
IMPORTANT: Your Certificate of Course Completion will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
If you do not receive your certificate within 5 days of the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.