Removal of Bond Material with Rotary Instrumentation: A Hands-on Program
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Dental hygienists and licensed dental assistants—are you looking for more patient responsibility? Would you like to master an orthodontic expanded duty?
Dentists—would you like to delegate more orthodontic duties to your staff?
Whether developing or refining your skills, this practical course will give you the capacity to remove bond material with rotary instrumentation confidently in practice. You will experience individualized hands-on instruction from knowledgeable and helpful faculty—the same faculty who train the orthodontic residents. You will benefit from the professional level of training since this is the only dental school-based training program in Minnesota for this expanded function. This training course is recognized by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
Learn How To
- Explain enamel properties relative to bonding and debonding
- Protect enamel and hyperplastic tissue during the removal of bond material
- Remove composite after debonding brackets and removing clear orthodontic aligner attachments
- Develop an efficient routine
- Incorporate removal of bond material with rotary instrumentation into your practice
Illustrated lectures, discussion, videotape demonstration, clinical demonstration, laboratory exercises, clinical simulation
Meet Our Expert
This course is under the direction of John P. Beyer, DDS, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Orthodontics, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry; part-time orthodontic practice, University of Minnesota Orthodontic Faculty Practice Clinic.
- Final registration will begin at 8:00 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:30 to 11:45 AM.
- There will be a 15-minute refreshment break mid-morning.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
What to wear
Please wear scrubs or casual clothing. We suggest that you also bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one month (30 working days) before the program. If you cancel less than one month prior to the program, a $100 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card, the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions, parking & hotel
Directions & Map
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Moos HS Tower is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Campus, at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Harvard Street SE.
Parking is available in the Washington Avenue Ramp. The Washington Avenue Ramp is located at 501 Washington Avenue SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
You will need to push the button on the stationary box in order to receive a parking slip and activate the gate. Detailed instructions for exiting the ramp will be provided during the program. Parking charges will be billed to Continuing Dental Education.
If the ramp is FULL or EVENT PARKING is in place, please inform the attendant that you are attending a Continuing Dental Education conference in the School of Dentistry.
PLEASE NOTE: If you park anywhere besides the Washington Ave. Ramp, you will be responsible for the parking fees.
The Graduate Minneapolis hotel guests only: If you are staying at the Graduate Minneapolis (formerly the Commons Hotel), we encourage that you make parking reservations directly with the hotel. We cannot validate parking for overnight stays. Validated parking is only available during course hours.
Hotel accommodations are available at the Graduate Minneapolis, located directly across the street from the Dental School. To reserve your room at the special Continuing Dental Education rate:
- Call the Graduate Minneapolis, 612-379-8888, and ask for in-house reservations. Tell the reservationist the dates of your stay and that you want a room under the reservation for “Continuing Dental Education.” Ask the reservationist to enter your name for one of the rooms at the special Continuing Dental Education rate.
- If you are outside the United States or do not wish to call, please email email@example.com with the dates you intend to stay and ask to have your name entered for one of the reservations under “Continuing Dental Education.”
Link to a list of hotels near campus
Enrollment is limited to 36.
$250 licensed dental assistant
$250 dental hygienist
3 Fundamental Credit Hours
8:30 AM to 11:45 AM
Lynda J. Young Conference Room
(6-410 Moos HS Tower)