Teledentistry: From Start-Up to Success
Learn How To
- Consider the history of teledentistry
- Analyze the tools and skills necessary for providing virtual care in your office
- Understand how dental offices are incorporating teledentistry
- Increase access to care in underserved and under-resourced communities
- Understand what types of patients and cases are most effective for teledentistry
- Learn the requirements of the doctor/patient event, how to document the event and save the record
- Integrate billing, coding, HIPAA, and required documentation best practices into your dental office
- Recognize the start-up technology, training, and related needs that are essential for success in teledentistry
- Discuss how teledentistry works for single-visit and long-term patient care
- Set aside time for teledentistry
- Assess pediatric, adult, and geriatric teledentistry cases, documentation, and follow up requirements
Illustrated lectures, case studies, discussion
Credits and Fees
You must register for this course by 10 AM Central Time on Thursday, February 18, 2021, to receive Zoom webinar information & continuing dental education credits.
6 Fundamental Credit Hours
Includes CORE Subject Areas:
- Patient Communication
- Record Keeping
Teresa Duncan, MS, is the Owner and President of Odyssey Management, Inc. She received her Master's Degree in Healthcare Management from Marymount University. She is a widely published author, podcast expert, and contributor to dental and health-related publications. Dental Products Report magazine has named Teresa one of the Top 25 Women in Dentistry. She has provided consulting services to the American Dental Association's Guidelines for Practice Success™ and is a contributing author for the ADA’s CDT Companion Guide.
Angela Hastings, DMD, is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Dental Outreach Program at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. Dr. Hastings graduated from Hamline University and completed her dental studies at the College of Dental Medicine at Western University of Health Sciences. Before her work with the University of Minnesota, Dr. Hastings served as the Dental Director for Greater Portland Health, trained dental students studying at the University of New England, and provided care in private practice.
Maria Kunstadter, DDS, is a practicing dentist in Kansas City and President of The TeleDentists. Dr. Kunstadter graduated from Drury University with a Bachelor of Applied Science and the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. While providing care in private practice over the past 30 years, she co-founded The Smile Salon and Day Spa and co-founded The TeleDentists. She has also maintained a rigorous international mission trip schedule and advanced her standing as a highly sought-after dental innovations presenter.
Prepare for Your Zoom Webinar
- Create your free Zoom account at www.zoom.us.
- Download the Zoom application to your computer, if prompted.
- If needed, test Zoom before the course or watch YouTube videos for tips on how to join a meeting.
30 Minutes Before Your Webinar Starts
- Look for the Zoom Meeting ID and Password in your email in-box.
IMPORTANT: The Zoom Meeting ID and Password will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Choose Join a Meeting in the upper right corner.
- If prompted, download Zoom information or click Yes to run Zoom.
- Type in your first name and last initial, if prompted. Provide your email, if requested.
- You will see a welcome screen and should hear music. If you do not hear music, check your volume and adjust as needed. Throughout the event, you will be on mute, and your video will not be on.
- Say hello in the chat box.
- Locate the Q and A folder. If you have questions during the webinar, type your questions here. Our presenters respond to questions at the end of their allotted presentation time.
Having Difficulty? Email email@example.com
Certificates of Completion
Our goal is to provide a personalized Certificate of Completion within 48 hours of the completion of the program.
IMPORTANT: Your Certificate of Course Completion will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
If you do not receive your certificate within 5 days of the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.