Winter Dental Hygiene Seminar - Exposed & Vulnerable: Managing Dentin & Root Exposures
Friday, February 9, 2018
Today’s dental patients have excessive wear from abrasion, bruxism, and chemical erosion from dietary choices. Exposed roots leave behind vulnerable surfaces for you to manage and protect. Learn the latest strategies from our expert.
Karen Davis will inspire you to educate your patients using advanced technology, services, and products that aim to protect hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity. During our course, you will explore the multi-factorial causes of dental caries, tooth wear, and gum recession.
You will leave our program with the ability to identify innovative methods to protect vulnerable surfaces, remineralize tooth structure, and manage biofilm with minimally invasive technologies.
Learn How To
- Become a “private eye” in the detection of risk factors leading to dental caries, root exposures and worn tooth structures
- Evaluate the abrasiveness of various OTC products
- Direct patients toward remineralizing strategies customized to meet their specific needs
- Assess non-carious cervical lesions and determine strategies for preservation
- Incorporate technologies to manage biofilm with low-abrasive devices
- Implement CAMBRA (Caries Management by Risk Assessment) protocols with your patients
Lecture, discussion, table-based interaction
Meet Our Expert
Karen Davis, RDH, BSDH, is founder of Cutting Edge Concepts and a practicing dental hygienist in Dallas, Texas. Karen received her Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene from Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas. She has served on numerous advisory boards, is a published author, and has been recognized by Dentistry Today as a Top Clinician in Continuing Education. Karen is an independent consultant to the Philips Corporation, and Hu-Friedy/EMS, and is affiliated with PerioSciences, Inc.
- Final registration will begin at 8:00 AM.
- Continental breakfast will be available during registration.
- The program will run from 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Lunch is included.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
What to wear
We suggest that you bring a jacket or sweater to help you adjust to the seemingly inevitable changes in meeting room temperature.
A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least one week (five working days) before the program. If you cancel less than one week prior to the program, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. For registrations charged to your credit card the refund will be credited to your account. No cash refunds will be issued on charged registrations.
Directions and parking
$175 dental hygienist
1.5 core (Patient Communication)
1.5 core (Recordkeeping)
1.5 core (Diagnosis & Treatment Planning)
8:30 AM to 3:45 PM
Envision Event Center
484 Inwood Avenue N
Oakdale, MN 55128