Winter Mandatory & Core Training for the Entire Dental Team
How to Make New Friends: Partnering with Pharmacists to Promote Patient Health and Wellness
Learn How To
- Assess how the ten most commonly prescribed medications influence adult patients' oral health, overall health, and wellness
- Consider how the ten most common pediatric drugs impact oral health, overall health, and wellness
- Develop new methods for partnering with pharmacists and wellness professionals to advance oral health, general health, and wellness within your community
- Update patient records, noting insights on common medications and wellness considerations
Compliance 2021: Strategies in Infection Prevention and Control
Learn How To
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of an infection prevention and safety coordinator
- Describe methods of evaluating an infection prevention and control program with CDC guidelines
- Integrate CDC Guidelines and relevant OSHA, state, and local regulations into an infection prevention and control program
When Implicit Bias Impacts Patient Care
Learn How To
- Define implicit bias and discuss its prevalence
- Reflect on our attitudes and stereotypes that operate at a level below conscious awareness
- Consider how implicit bias impacts patient-provider interactions, treatment planning, patient adherence, and outcomes
- Create partnerships with patients to develop a sense of working on the same team and moving toward common oral health goals
Lecture, discussion and case studies
Credits and Fees
6 Fundamental Credit Hours
Includes CORE Subject Areas:
- Patient Communication
- Record Keeping
Includes MANDATORY Subject Area:
- Infection Control
Ashley Duggins, PharmD, is co-owner and pharmacy manager of Prevo Drug in Asheboro, North Carolina, and pharmacy manager for Enclara Pharmacia-Hospice of Randolph. She graduated from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill in 2002 with her Doctorate of Pharmacy. Dr. Duggins precepts students from the University of North Carolina Eshelman, Wingate, and Campbell Schools of Pharmacy. She specializes in bio-identical hormones (BHRT) and health coaching and serves on the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy, and is an active member of the North Carolina Association of Pharmacists as well as the National Community Pharmacists Association.
Kathy Eklund, RDH, MHP, is the Director of Occupational Health and Safety, and the Forsyth Research Subject and Patient Safety Advocate at The Forsyth Institute. She is adjunct faculty at Regis College, Dental Hygiene Program, where she teaches senior-level courses in Oral Health Research and Evidence-based Decision Making. Ms. Eklund is on the faculty of the New England AIDS Education and Training Center and HIVdent.org and was the Chair of the Organization for Safety Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) Board of Directors. Over the past 35 years, Ms. Eklund has published papers, contributed to several texts, and lectured nationally and internationally on infection control and safety. She is an author of the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings.
Andre Koen, MA, is the Program Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and the CEO of AM Horizons Training Group. He has served as the Equity and Access Director at Adler Graduate School and an adjunct faculty member with Bethel University. Mr. Koen completed his Master of Arts at the University of St. Thomas. His work focuses on aiding health care, governmental organizations, law enforcement, and corporate employers to train employees and clients to address diversity issues without blame, fault, or guilt. His research and speaking engagements focus on workplace demographics and how they apply to EEO challenges and ADA compliance, as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Prepare for Your Zoom Webinar
- Create your free Zoom account at www.zoom.us.
- Download the Zoom application to your computer, if prompted.
- If needed, test Zoom before the course or watch YouTube videos for tips on how to join a meeting.
30 Minutes Before Your Webinar Starts
- Look for the Zoom Meeting ID and Password in your email in-box.
IMPORTANT: The Zoom Meeting ID and Password will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Choose Join a Meeting in the upper right corner.
- If prompted, download Zoom information or click Yes to run Zoom.
- Type in your first name and last initial, if prompted. Provide your email, if requested.
- You will see a welcome screen and should hear music. If you do not hear music, check your volume and adjust as needed. Throughout the event, you will be on mute, and your video will not be on.
- Say hello in the chat box.
- Locate the Q and A folder. If you have questions during the webinar, type your questions here. Our presenters respond to questions at the end of their allotted presentation time.
Having Difficulty? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates of Completion
Our goal is to provide a personalized Certificate of Completion within 48 hours of the completion of the program.
IMPORTANT: Your Certificate of Course Completion will be sent to the email address used to register you for this webinar. Please check all of your known email in-boxes—work and personal—for this information.
If you do not receive your certificate within 5 days of the program, email email@example.com.