How to Apply

The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service of the American Dental Education Association and the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Matching Program endorsed by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.

To be considered for this training program, the applicant must agree to participate in the matching program. Application instructions and forms necessary to participate in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Matching Program may be obtained by contacting:

National Matching Services, Inc.
20 Holly Street, Suite 301
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4S 3B1
Phone:(416) 977-3431 FAX: 416-977-5020


Applications are accepted through the ADEA Postdoctoral Applicant Support Service (PASS). Applicants should review our PASS profile for up-to-date deadline and application information. Applicants must also be registered with the National Matching Service

Correspondence regarding application and admission procedures should be directed to Chelsey Favretto, Residency Coordinator, at the email address listed below. We utilize the ADEA PASS system to collect educational transcripts. We do not need to receive a separate copy of your transcripts during the application process. Selected applicants will be invited to the Twin Cities for an interview with program faculty during November each year.

Chelsey Favretto,

Applicant Coordinator
U of M Oral Surgery
7-174 Moos Tower
515 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Application Deadline: September 1, 2021

International Applicants: Our program accepts applications from international learners, though we require that applicants have a DDS or DMD from an American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation accredited U.S. or Canadian dental school. We also require that all international applicants be eligible for either an F-1 Student visa or a TN visa.