UMN School of Dentistry BSDH students
Why hire UMN Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene graduates?
The term “New Grad” does not fit our recent Dental Hygiene graduates.
By the time our dental hygiene students graduate they have each seen an average of 150 patients. That is THREE times more patients than students see in the other dental hygiene programs in the state.
Each of our dental hygiene graduates spends 8-10 weeks at Outreach clinics. At some of these sites they are treating 7-8 patients per day.
All of our dental hygiene graduates earn a Bachelor's degree. In the time spent earning a Bachelor's degree our students become competent and gain additional experiences:
- Periodontal risk assessment, scaling and root planning
- Caries risk assessment, caries prevention and control
- Interprofessional collaboration with the dental team
- Motivational Interviewing
- Restorative functions
- Dental specialties
- 3 types of electronic dental records
- Digital radiographs
- Tobacco Cessation counseling
- Dental Dietary counseling
- Local anesthesia
Visit goldpass.umn.edu to get started.