UMN School of Dentistry MDT students
Why hire UMN Master of Dental Therapy graduates?
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is the only dental school in the nation that trains and educates dental therapists.
Dental Therapists are educated alongside dental and dental hygiene students both in the classroom and during patient care in the clinics at the School of Dentistry.
Each of our dental therapy graduates will be awarded a master level education and become competent in experiences such as:
- Intraprofessional relationships with dental and dental hygiene students
- Interprofessional relationships with members of other healthcare professions
- Dental specialties observation and experience in
- Oral Surgery
- Electronic dental record keeping
- Digital radiographs
- Extensive restorative and operative training
All of our dental therapy graduates spend 6-8 weeks at outreach clinics affiliated with the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry which provides the following experiences:
- Working with dental assistants
- Working in Rural and Urban community settings
- Treating patients in a dental office setting
- Access to more patients per day