How to Apply
The Master of Science in Dental Hygiene program has moved its application process online with the University of Minnesota Graduate School Services. See details below for more info.
Required fields for the application: Intended program of study, state dental hygiene licenses currently held, memberships in professional associations and/or honorary societies, copy of dental hygiene license, three letters of recommendation, GMAT score (if applying for Management Track), personal essay, resume, and a $75 application fee.
- Graduation from a school or program in dental hygiene accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
- Management Track - GMAT required (minimum 500 score)
- Applications for Fall 2018 are due May 1, 2018. Applicants will be informed of a decision by June 1, 2018.
- Computer generated essay to include short and long term goals and an explanation of why an advanced degree is of interest
- Current resume
- Three letters of reference from persons qualified to evaluate the applicant’s recent work and potential for success in professional graduate program (references form)
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work
- Copies of dental hygiene license
- Photocopy of CPR certification and immunization status will also be required upon matriculation
Submitting application forms
Our entire application process has moved online. Please see the Application process on this page for a list of necessary items. Click on the Apply online link to access the application.
You will need three (3) letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your recent work and potential for success in a professional graduate program. List your recommendation providers in the Recommendations section of the online application. An email will be sent to your recommendation providers with instructions and a link to the system.
The Graduate Management Assessment Test (GMAT) is required for applicants to the Management Track. A minimum score of 500 is required.
The Division of Dental Hygiene must receive appropriate, official scores by the specific deadline in the instructions. When you take the GMAT, please mark that you want your scores sent to the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota.
If you have already taken the GMAT, please enter your GMAT information into the Test Information-Self Reported section of the online application.
In the Applicant Statements section of the online application, for Statement #1, please upload an essay describing both your short and long term goals and an explanation of why an advanced degree is of interest.
Upload a copy of your resume in the Program Supplementary Information section of the online application.