BSDH Student Publications
- Vo A., Arnett M, Drake M, et al. Supporting the transgender community by reducing health care disparities, providing nonjudgemental care, and addressing areas of high risk. Dimensions Dent Hyg. 2020 Sep;18(8):40-43.
- Koerber K, Reibel Y, Drake M, et al. Successful management of adult patients with cerebral palsy. Dimensions Dent Hyg. 2020 April;18(4):38-41.
MSDH Student Publications
- Hormann J, Blue C, Petersen A, et al. Psychological effects of sharps injuries on students, staff, and faculty at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. J Dent Hyg. In press – release date summer 2021.
- Trauger KA, Stull CL, Arnett MC, et al. Human papillomavirus inclusion in dental hygiene curriculum in the United States. J Dent Hyg. 2021 Apr; 95(2):42-9.
- Flynn P, Petersen A, Entinger J, Shire A. The association of social determinants of health with Somali refugee mother-child caries. J Immigr Minor Health, 1-9. DOI: 10.1007/s10903-020-01040-3, June, 2020
- Drake M, Lenton P, Lunos S. A randomized clinical trial on the efficacy of a new oxalate-containing sensitivity relief strip following professional vs. self-application. Int J Dent Hyg. 2018 May; 16(2): e79-e87. doi: 10.1111/idh.12317. Epub 2017 Sep 19.
- Reibel YG, Pusalavidyasagar SM, Flynn PM. Obstructive sleep apnea knowledge: attitudes and screening practices of Minnesota dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg. 2019. Jun;93(3):29-36.
WEC Writing Award Winners
UMN 2020 Writing Award Recipient: Kendall Bast, RDH, BSDH.
UMN 2019 Writing Award Recipient: Kelly Koerber, RDH, BSDH, DT, BS. She was published in Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Koeber K, Reibel Y, Drake M, Arnett M. Successful management of adult patients with cerebral palsy. Dimensions. 2020 Apr 2020;18(4):38-41.
UMN 2019 Writing Award Alternate: Anna Vo, RDH, BSDH. She was published in Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Vo A, Arnett M, Drake M, Reibel Y. Dental hygiene management for the transgender patient. Dimensions. Sep 2020;18(8):40-43.
- Reibel YG, Flynn D, Petersen A, et al. Acceptance of dental office obstructive sleep apnea screening among Minnesota state fair attendees. J Dent Hyg. 2021 Feb;95(1):36-42.
- Stull C, Evans MD, Arnett MC. Examining the role of HPV communication training in dental hygiene students’ knowledge, attitudes, confidence, and comfort. J Dent Hyg. (accepted JDENTHYG/2020/010520)
- Drake M. Clinical oral structures, dental anatomy, and root morphology. In: Blue CM. Darby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene. 9th ed. St Louis (MO):Elsevier; 2021.p. XXX.
- Arnett MC. Strategies for oral health promotion and disease prevention and control. In: Blue CM. Darby Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene. 9th ed. St. Louis (MO):Elsevier; 2021.p. XX
- Blue C. Darby’s comprehensive review of dental hygiene. 9th rev. ed. St. Louis (MO): Elsevier; 2021. XX p.
Part of a website
Dimensions of Dental Hygiene [Internet]. Santa Ana (CA): Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Student; c2002-2021. Reibel, YG. Essential advice for dental hygiene students; 2020 Mar [cited 10 Mar 2020];[about 3 screens]. Available from: https://students.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/essential-advice-for-dent....
Dimensions of Dental Hygiene [Internet]. Santa Ana (CA): Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Student; c2002-2021. Reibel, YG. Navigating dental hygiene school during the COVID-19 pandemic. [cited 5 May 2020];[about 3 screens]. Available from: https://students.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/navigating-dental-hygiene...
Dimensions of Dental Hygiene [Internet]. Santa Ana (CA): Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Student; c2002-2021. Reibel, YG. Can we really balance it all? Tips to leading a balanced life. [cited 10 Oct 2020];[about 3 screens. Available from: https://students.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/can-we-really-balance-it-...
Stull C, Freese R, Sarvas E. Parent perceptions of dental care providers’ role in human papillomavirus prevention and vaccine advocacy. J Am Dent Assoc. 2020 Aug;151(8):560–7.
Stull CL, Sarvas E. Educating patients about human papillomavirus and the HPV vaccine. Decisions in Dentistry. May 2020;6(5):36–9.
Arnett MC, Riebel Y, Evans MD, et al. Preliminary evaluation of dental hygiene curriculum: assessment and management of peri-implant conditions and diseases. J Dent Edu.2020 Jun:84(6):642-51.
Wang CW, Ashnagar S, Di Gianflippo R, et al. Laser-assisted regenerative surgical therapy for peri-implantitis: a randomized controlled clinical trial. J Periodontol. 2020 Aug 6. doi: 10.1002/JPER.20-0040. Online ahead of print.
Blue C, Arnett M, Ephrem H, et al. Using motivational interviewing to reduce parental risk related behaviors for early childhood caries: a pilot study. BMC Oral Health. 2020 Mar 29;20(1):90
Tattan M, Sinhab K, Lee E, et al. Ultrasonography for chairside evaluation of periodontal structures: a human pilot study. J Periodontol. 2020 Jul;91(7):890-99.
Drake M, Lunos S, Blue C. Efficacy of a prototype solution to facilitate the removal of supragingival dental calculus: a proof of concept study. J Dent Hyg. 2020 Dec; 94(6); 25-32.
Stull CL, Sarvas E. Preventing HPV-related infections. Dimensions. 2019 Dec;17(11):30-3. Available from https://dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/article/prevent-hpv-infections/
Nieto V, Arnett M, Furgeson D. Attitudes and access patterns of Michigan veterans not eligible for VA oral health care: A cross-sectional study. J Dent Hyg. 2019.Aug;93(4):6-13.
Stull CL, Lunos S. Knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding human papilloma virus communication and vaccine advocacy among Minnesota dentists and dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg. 2019 Feb;93(1):33- 42.
Mailoa J, Arnett M, Chan HL, et al. The association between buccal mucosa thickness and peri-implant bone loss and attachment loss: a cross-sectional study. Implant Dent. 2018 Oct;27(5):575-81.