BSDH Student Publications
- Vo A, Arnett M, Drake M, et al. Supporting the transgender community. Dimensions Dent Hyg. 2020 Sep;18(8):40-43.
- Koerber K, Reibel Y, Drake M, et al. Successful management of adult patients with cerebral palsy. Dimensions Dent Hyg. 2020 April;18(4):38-41.
MSDH Student Publications
- Hormann J, Blue C, Petersen A, et al. Psychological effects of sharps injuries on students, staff, and faculty at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. J Dent Hyg. 2021 Jun; 95(3):52-58.
- Flynn P, Petersen A, Entinger J, et al. The association of social determinants of health with Somali refugee mother-child caries. J Immigr Minor Health. 2021 Jun; 23(3):615-23.
- Trauger KA, Stull CL, Arnett MC, et al. Human papillomavirus inclusion in dental hygiene curriculum in the United States. J Dent Hyg. 2021 Apr; 95(2):42-9.
- Riggs S, Blue CM, Golden J. The oral health quality of life for seniors in residential facilities who have direct access to care as compared to those without access. Geriatr Nurs. 2020 Jul; 41(4):406-10.
- Reibel YG, Pusalavidyasagar SM, Flynn PM. Obstructive sleep apnea knowledge: attitudes and screening practices of Minnesota dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg. 2019. Jun;93(3):29-36.
- Sager JJ, Blue CM. Reflective learning outcomes of community-based experiences: a qualitative study. J Dent Educ. 2019 May; 83(5):530-35.
- Ephrem H, Self K, Blue CM. Introducing and evaluating intraprofessional team-based care delivery in a dental school clinic: a pilot study. J Dent Educ. 2018 Sep; 82(9):980-88.
- Drake M, Lenton P, Lunos S. A randomized clinical trial on the efficacy of a new oxalate-containing sensitivity relief strip following professional vs. self-application. Int J Dent Hyg. 2018 May; 16(2): e79-e87.
WEC Writing Award Winners
UMN 2020 Writing Award Recipient: Kendall Bast, RDH, BSDH. She was awarded the 2021 Sigma Phi Alpha Excellence in Journalism Award from the American Dental Hygiene Association. She will be published in the Journal of Dental Hygiene.
- Bast K, Reibel Y, Arnett M, et al. End stage renal disease: knowledge, attitudes and perceptions of dental hygiene and dental therapy students. J Dent Hyg. (in press)
UMN 2019 Writing Award Recipient: Kelly Koerber, RDH, BSDH, DT, BS. She was published in Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Koerber K, Reibel Y, Drake M, et al. Successful management of adult patients with cerebral palsy. Dimensions Dent Hyg. 2020 Apr 2020;18(4):38-41.
UMN 2019 Writing Award Alternate: Anna Vo, RDH, BSDH. She was published in Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Vo A, Arnett M, Drake M, et al. Supporting the transgender community. Dimensions Dent Hyg. Sep 2020;18(8):40-43.
- Reibel YG, Flynn D, Petersen A, et al. Acceptance of dental office obstructive sleep apnea screening among Minnesota state fair attendees. J Dent Hyg. 2021 Feb;95(1):36-42.
- Stull C, Evans MD, Arnett MC. Examining the role of HPV communication training in dental hygiene students’ knowledge, attitudes, confidence, and comfort. J Dent Hyg. (accepted JDENTHYG/2020/010520)
- Wang CW, Ashnagar S, Di Gianflippo R, et al. Laser-assisted regenerative surgical therapy for peri-implantitis: a randomized controlled clinical trial. J Periodontol. 2021 Mar; 92(3):378-88.
- Arnett MC, Evans MD, Stull C. Students’ perceptions of importance and confidence applying brief motivational interviewing during HPV patient counseling. J Dent Hyg. (in press JDENTHYG/2021/010997)
- Drake M. Clinical oral structures, dental anatomy, and root morphology. In: Blue CM. Darby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene. 9th ed. St Louis (MO):Elsevier; 2021. p.136-58.
- Arnett MC. Strategies for oral health promotion and disease prevention and control. In: Blue CM. Darby Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene. 9th ed. St. Louis (MO):Elsevier; 2021.p. 503-34.
- Blue C. Darby’s comprehensive review of dental hygiene. 9th rev. ed. St. Louis (MO): Elsevier; 2021. p.822.
Part of a website
- Dimensions of Dental Hygiene [Internet]. Santa Ana (CA): Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Student; c2002-2021. Reibel, YG. Can we really balance it all? Tips to leading a balanced life. [cited 10 Oct 2020];[about 3 screens. Available from: https://students.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/can-we-really-balance-it-all-tips-for-leading-a-balanced-life/
- Dimensions of Dental Hygiene [Internet]. Santa Ana (CA): Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Student; c2002-2021. Reibel, YG. Navigating dental hygiene school during the COVID-19 pandemic. [cited 5 May 2020];[about 3 screens]. Available from: https://students.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/navigating-dental-hygiene-school-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
- Dimensions of Dental Hygiene [Internet]. Santa Ana (CA): Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Student; c2002-2021. Reibel, YG. Essential advice for dental hygiene students; 2020 Mar [cited 10 Mar 2020];[about 3 screens]. Available from: https://students.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/essential-advice-for-dental-hygiene-students/.
- Drake M, Lunos S, Blue C. Efficacy of a prototype solution to facilitate the removal of supragingival dental calculus: a proof of concept study. J Dent Hyg. 2020 Dec; 94(6); 25-32.
- Stull C, Freese R, Sarvas E. Parent perceptions of dental care providers’ role in human papillomavirus prevention and vaccine advocacy. J Am Dent Assoc. 2020 Aug;151(8):560–7.
- Tattan M, Sinhab K, Lee E, et al. Ultrasonography for chairside evaluation of periodontal structures: a human pilot study. J Periodontol. 2020 Jul;91(7):890-99.
- Arnett MC, Riebel Y, Evans MD, et al. Preliminary evaluation of dental hygiene curriculum: assessment and management of peri-implant conditions and diseases. J Dent Edu.2020 Jun:84(6):642-51.
- Stull CL, Sarvas E. Educating patients about human papillomavirus and the HPV vaccine. Decisions in Dentistry. May 2020;6(5):36–9.
- Blue C, Arnett M, Ephrem H, et al. Using motivational interviewing to reduce parental risk related behaviors for early childhood caries: a pilot study. BMC Oral Health. 2020 Mar 29;20(1):90
- Stull CL, Sarvas E. Preventing HPV-related infections. Dimensions. 2019 Dec;17(11):30-3.
- Nieto V, Arnett M, Furgeson D. Attitudes and access patterns of Michigan veterans not eligible for VA oral health care: A cross-sectional study. J Dent Hyg. 2019.Aug;93(4):6-13.
- Quick KK, Blue CM. Using situated learning theory to build an interactive learning environment to foster dental students’ professionalism: an ignite project. J Dent Educ. 2019 Mar; 83(3):334-41.
- Stull CL, Lunos S. Knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding human papilloma virus communication and vaccine advocacy among Minnesota dentists and dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg. 2019 Feb;93(1):33- 42.
- Mailoa J, Arnett M, Chan HL, et al. The association between buccal mucosa thickness and peri-implant bone loss and attachment loss: a cross-sectional study. Implant Dent. 2018 Oct;27(5):575-81.