Saturday Academy in Hibbing
Do you love working with your hands? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Do you enjoy science? Want to own your own business? Then come explore dentistry as a career!
When: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Where: Hibbing Community College, Hibbing Dental Clinic C-153
This is a free event - Lunch Provided - Gift card to Caribou Coffee!
The Saturday Academy in Hibbing is designed to provide high school and college students exposure to dentistry and to enhance science, math, English, and leadership skills. The goal of the Saturday Academy is that these students will enter college and pursue science disciplines to prepare them for a career in dentistry or other health professions.
All Saturday Academy activities will take place at the Hibbing Community College Dental Clinic on March 3, 2018. Activities will be taught by actual University of Minnesota dental students. The event will be from 8 am-12 pm consisting of structured learning activities. These educational enrichment and career support activities are designed to enhance students’ academic performance and the ultimate goal of increasing the number of students who will consider dentistry as a career options.
Structure of Program
Structure of Program
Saturday Academy students will participate in activities that will:
- Provide enrichment experiences in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) subjects, as well as in English and leadership
- Allow students to participate in fun activities to learn more about good oral health habits
- Engage students in a hands-on-introduction to dentistry
- Give students the opportunity to learn more about dental school from current dental students
To be eligible for the program, students must be:
- Enrolled in a high school or community college in Hibbing and surrounding communities
- Have a strong interest in the sciences, math, or technology
We are currently accepting registration to the Saturday Academy in Hibbing.
- Application deadline is February 28th, 2018