The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is pleased to offer the "Speaker's Bureau Guide" as an annual resource. It is designed to help you identify subjects and speakers for continuing education programs. This guide was developed because several of you as leaders in the dental community requested help with planning continuing education programs.
You may wish to review the subjects and speakers with your planning committee or contact the speakers directly. All of the individuals in this guide have identified interest in presenting continuing education programs throughout the region. However, since speaker availability and your program needs vary, please contact the speaker several months before your course date to set up all the arrangements.
All course and financial arrangements are made directly with the speaker.
- Medical Management of the Dental Patient
- Nitrous Oxide
- Local Anesthesia
- Bisphosphonates and Oral Health
- Minor Office-based Oral Surgery and Exodontia
Dr. Assael’s lectures can be adapted to specific needs and time allowances, including all-day programs and would also be of interest to all members of the dental team.
- Health Literacy for the Dental Office - Target audience: all dental professionals, 60- to 90-minutes lecture
- Diabetes and the Dental Professional - Target audience: all dental professionals, 60- to 90-minutes lecture
- Bad Breath: Do We Really Have To Talk About It? - Target audience: dental assistants & dental hygienists, 60- to 90-minutes lecture
- Chronic Inflammation: Its Role in Oral Health - Target audience: dental hygienists, 60- to 90-minutes lecture
Ms. Lenton's lectures can be adapted to specific needs and time allowances, including all-day presentations.
- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office - Two-hour lecture
- Dental Management of Head and Neck Cancer - Two- to three-hour lecture
- Dental Management of Patients with Special Needs - One-hour lecture
- Antibiotic Use in Dentistry - One- to two-hour lecture
- Pain Management in Dentistry - One-hour lecture
- Coagulation - Two-hour lecture
- Hepatitis and HIV - Two- to three-hour lectures
- Bisphosphonates and Osteonecrosis of the Jaws - One-hour lecture
- Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Patient - One- to two-hour lectures
- Xerostomia, Meth Mouth, and Root Caries: Who's Your Daddy? - One- to two-hour lectures
- Infection Control/Waterlines (Core Requirement) - One-hour lecture
Dr. Nakagaki's lectures can be adapted to specific needs and time allowances, including all-day programs and would be of interest to all members of the dental team.
Oral Cancer - One- to three-hour lectures
Oral Lesions - One- to five-hour lectures
Xerostomia - One- to three-hour lectures
Drugs - One- to five-hour lectures
Dr. Rhodus' lectures on medical conditional can be combined for presentations from 1 to 10 hours in length.
The lectures would be of interest to all members of the dental team.