The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is pleased to offer the "Speaker's Bureau Guide" as an annual resource. It is designed to help you identify subjects and speakers for continuing education programs. This guide was developed because several of you as leaders in the dental community requested help with planning continuing education programs.
You may wish to review the subjects and speakers with your planning committee or contact the speakers directly. All of the individuals in this guide have identified interest in presenting continuing education programs throughout the region. However, since speaker availability and your program needs vary, please contact the speaker several months before your course date to set up all the arrangements.
All course and financial arrangements are made directly with the speaker.
- Basic Concepts of Orthodontic Therapy
- Orthodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Early Treatment in Orthodontics
- Complex Case Management in Orthodontics
- Removable Orthodontic Appliances
- Fixed Orthodontic Appliances
- Bracket Positioning with the Preadjusted Appliance
- Bonding and Debonding
- Indirect bonding
- Orthodontic Anchorage
- Orthodontic Biomechanics
- Retention Strategy and Retainers
- Management of Impacted Teeth
- Surgical Orthodontics
Dr. Grunheid’s lectures can be adapted to specific needs and time allowances and would be of interest to all members of the dental team.
- Adult Orthodontics: 30- to 45-minute lecture
- American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) and ABO Examination preparation: 60- to 90-minute lecture
- Anterior Interproximal Reduction: 30-minute lecture
- Autotransplantation: 60- to 90-minute lecture
- Cephalometric Superimposition: 30-minute lecture (ABO Superimposition video – 30 minutes)
- Cervical Vertebral Maturity Index: 30-minute lecture
- Controversies in Orthodontics: 60- to 90-minute lecture
- Functional Appliances with emphasis on Activator/Bionator Orthodontic Treatment: 60-minute lecture
- Headgear Orthodontic Treatment: 30-minute lecture
- Health Volunteers Overseas: experiences in Vietnam, Moldova, Tanzania, Nicaragua, & Nepal: 30- to 45-minute lecture
- Impacted Canines : 45-minute lecture
- Interceptive Orthodontics: 45-minute lecture (also in Spanish)
- Orthodontic Archwire Selection: 60- to 90-minute lecture
- Orthodontic Diagnosis & Treatment for a General Dental Audience: 60- to 90-minute lecture
- Orthodontic Elastics: 30-minute lecture
- Orthodontic Exams, Consultations, and Post-Treatment Consultations: 30-minute lecture
- Open-Bite: 30-minute lecture (also in Spanish)
- Orthognathic Surgery: 45-minute lecture
- Practice Transitions 60-minute lecture
- Relapse and Retention: 60-minute lecture
- Risk Management Through Practice Management (Doctors): 45-minute lecture
- Risk Management Through Practice Management (Staff): 30- to 45-minute lecture
- Some Closing Thoughts on the Beginning of Your Careers in Orthodontics: 30-minute lecture
- What is New in Orthodontics: 30-minute lecture
Dr. Kanyusik's lectures can be adapted to specific needs and time allowances.
All topics would be of interest to orthodontic specialists.
*Selected topics would be of interest to general dentists.
- Informed Consent in Dentistry & Orthodontics - 1-2 hour lecture
- Facial Proportions and Smile Esthetics - 1-2 hour lecture
- Complex Case Management in Orthodontics - 1-2 hour lecture
- Skeletal Anchorage in Orthodontics - 1-2 hour lecture
- Arch Space Analysis in Orthodontics - 1-2 hour lecture
Dr. Miller's lectures can be adapted to specific needs and time allowances and would be of interest to all members of the dental team.