The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is pleased to offer the "Speaker's Bureau Guide" as an annual resource. It is designed to help you identify subjects and speakers for continuing education programs. This guide was developed because several of you as leaders in the dental community requested help with planning continuing education programs.
You may wish to review the subjects and speakers with your planning committee or contact the speakers directly. All of the individuals in this guide have identified interest in presenting continuing education programs throughout the region. However, since speaker availability and your program needs vary, please contact the speaker several months before your course date to set up all the arrangements.
All course and financial arrangements are made directly with the speaker.
- Stress Management: At Your Desk and Everywhere - One- to three-hour lectures
- General Anxiety and Dental Anxiety - One- to two-hour lectures
- Psychological Aspects of TMD: What the Research and Clinical Experience Teach Us - Two- to three-hour lectures
- Oral Habits: Assessment and Non-Dental Treatment Techniques - Two- to three-hour lectures
- Psychosocial Aspects of Dental Health Care: Perspectives of a Health Psychologist - Two- to three-hour lectures
- Understanding and Influencing Patient Behavior - Two- to four-hour lectures (some experiential)
- Mental Health and Dentistry: How to Work with the Emotionally Challenged - Two- to three-hour lectures
- Psychosocial Aspects of Pain - One- to two-hour lectures
- Self-Care for Professionals: Ways to Get and Stay Healthy - Two- to four-hour lectures (some experiential)
Dr. Hathaway's lecture topics would be of interest to all members of the dental team.