How to Apply
DDS/PhD Fellows must separately apply to the following:
- the Graduate School for admission to the PhD program in Oral Biology
- the School of Dentistry for admission to the DDS program.
- the MinnCResT program for a fellowship, which provides stipends for tuition, fees, health insurance, and research-related supplies and travel.
Apply to both programs by October 15, 2019 for consideration for Fall 2020 enrollment.
Apply to Graduate School
Students whose first language is not English must submit TOEFL scores as part of the application. Applicants to the DDS/PhD program may submit a recent DAT score in lieu of the GRE. Three letters of recommendation are required. While application may be made at any time of the year, entry into the program in the Fall Semester is recommended. For maximum consideration for financial assistance, applications should be submitted by November 1 (for Fall Semester enrollment).
Apply to the School of Dentistry
Applicants must submit applications to both the AADSAS and the School of Dentistry. The Dental Admissions Test (DAT) is required. Applications are considered by the School of Dentistry on a rolling basis and it is advantageous to submit an early application (by September 1).
Submit a MinnCResT Fellowship Application
We expect there to be at least one DDS/PhD fellowship available for Fall 2020. CONTACT OUR OFFICE REGARDING AVAILABILITY BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
You may apply via email (PREFERRED) or U.S. mail. Please submit the following:
- Application Cover Sheet (Word document)
- Cover Letter. Applicants must identify a research interest and a potential mentor in the cover letter. Be sure to address how your research will support the MinnCResT Program's mission.
- Your Statement of goals (1 to 2 pages)
- CV or Resume may be e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify a question of considerable interest in contemporary science. Propose an experiment or several experiments that could answer that question (1 to 2 pages)
- Three letters of recommendation (sent directly from the evaluators)
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended. If you plan to submit a University of Minnesota transcript, please contact us. We can likely save you the cost of an official transcript.
Application materials for the MinnCResT Program should be e-mailed to email@example.com in a single .pdf file, if possible. We strongly encouraged you to contact us before you submit your application; we can help you!
Applications will be reviewed after all materials have been received.