International Dentist Fellows
These fellowships are reserved for non-U.S. citizen dentists who have valid dental degrees from an accredited institution (within or outside the U.S.) and now wish to pursue basic science research training through a PhD program or postdoctoral appointment. Applicants who wish to pursue a PhD must submit two (2) applications to:
- the Graduate School for admission to the PhD program in Oral Biology, and
- to the MinnCResT program for a fellowship, which provides stipends for tuition, fees, health insurance, and research-related supplies and travel.
Applicants who already have a PhD and seek postdoctoral training need only submit the MinnCResT fellowship application (below).
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Apply to Graduate School
Applicants seeking a PhD must apply online here. Students whose first language is not English must submit TOEFL scores as part of the application. The GRE is required; NBDE scores are not acceptable. Three letters of recommendation are required. While application may be made at any time of the year, entry into the program in the Fall Semester is strongly recommended.
See the Graduate Program in Oral Biology for more information and application deadlines.
Submit a MinnCResT Fellowship Application
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please watch our website for announcements.
Applicants must submit the following materials via e-mail:
- Application Cover Sheet (Word document)
- Cover Letter addressing how your research will support the MinnCResT Program’s mission. Applicants must also identify a research interest and a potential mentor in the cover letter.
- Statement of Goals: 1 to 2 pages addressing your research ambitions and how a MinnCResT Fellowship will assist you.
- CV or Resume
- Research essay: Identify a question of considerable interest in contemporary science. Propose an experiment or several experiments that could answer that question. (1 to 2 pages)
- A written statement granting the MinnCResT Program permission to access your Oral Biology PhD application and the transcripts contained therein.
Application materials for the MinnCResT Program should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed after all materials have been received.
For more information, contact the MinnCResT program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-4483.