The Division of Dental Therapy works to address issues with oral health care access to underserved communities within Minnesota by advancing the profession of dental therapy through a well-rounded dental education.
As the demand for qualified oral health care professionals grows, we look to promote the growth and development of the dental therapy program and profession through knowledge building and dissemination. Our educational framework created for dental therapy balances the hard and soft skills needed to become a quality oral health care professional. These collaborative efforts are designed to increase the acceptance of dental therapists as valued members of the health care team.
Mission, Vision, Priorities
Educate engaged dental therapy professionals to provide patient centered care in a team based environment and advance the profession globally.
To lead in the advancement of dental therapy education and improve community health through the integration of oral and general health.
- Increase awareness of dental therapists as integral members of the health care team.
- To advance dental therapy education both intraprofessionally and interprofessionally
- To promote community health through the integration of oral and general health.
We're located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota’s Twin Cities campus.
Moos Health Sciences Tower
515 Delaware Street
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Dental Therapy
- Dental Hygiene
- UMN PASS
- Specialty and Advanced Education Programs
- Dental School Preparation Programs
- Current Students
- Community Outreach Experience
- Degree & Education Verification