The faculty development page provides easy access to information on faculty development programming, promotion, and provides a variety of resources aimed at enriching faculty members' professional growth and achieving an inclusive educational environment.
Women's Faculty Group Event
August 3rd - Room 15-250 (Dean's conference room)
Improv for Everyday Life: Gaining tools for confidence and collaboration.
We'll spend an hour with Samantha Harris practicing quick thinking with the use of activities that will encourage trusting our instincts and using what we know. Improv is not just a tool to use on stage, but a tool for everyday life. In this brief time together, we'll explore tools on finding our voice and making it heard in a personal and professional space. We'll also have some fun!
4:30 - 5:30 Program
5:30 - 6:30 Dinner
Please note: All courses require registration. Continuing Education credit is awarded for attendance. Registration forms are sent via email to all SOD faculty prior to the event.
Recordings of Past Faculty Development Programs (Now for CE Credit!)
Learn How To Use Kahoot! The School of Dentistry has been awarded funding for 16 subscriptions to use premium features of Kahoot!, a game-based learning platform used to engage students in virtual and in-person settings. The attached training video takes you through some of the innovative ways you can use the premium features of Kahoot in your classroom to increase student engagement, learning, and participation. There are still subscriptions left for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. If you are interested in using Kahoot for your upcoming course, and have not already indicated so in a previously sent Google Form, please email Keeley Flavin (firstname.lastname@example.org) specifying your name, course number, and in which semester(s) you would like to utilize the subscription. How To Use Kahoot video.
SOD Canvas Office Hours with Yelena Yan, Instructional Designer. Every Wednesday from noon to 3 p.m. - beginning May 19. Join Zoom meeting when convenient for you, no registration needed.
Academic Technology Support Services (ATSS) & Center for Educational Innovation (CEI) Faculty Development Offerings
ATSS Instructional Workshops, Webinars, Courses and Events
More workshops here.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- U of M "Keep Teaching"
- American Dental Education Association's ADEA "We Teach"
- Canvas Self-Help Guide
- K. Patricia Cross Academy: Videos of Active Learning Strategies
- Canvas Coffee Time - 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 9:30 a.m.
- NEW! Canvas changes for 2021
- Academic Technology Support Services (ATSS): Spring Semester Course Offerings
- Lecture Breakers Weekly with Barb Honeycutt, PhD. Ideas you can use to break up your lecture, increase student engagement and learning. Sign up to receive these free weekly teaching tips!
- CTSI Research Mentoring
- BIG MOUTH DATA - The School of Dentistry research community is invited to utilize Big Mouth Data, an oral health database developed from partially de-identified electronic health record data contributed by dental schools who are part of the Consortium for Oral Health Research and Informatics COHRI). To utilize this resource, review these instructions and contact Palak Bothra with any questions.
- Request for Applications for Mothers Leading Science program - Applications are due August 1 for the Mothers Leading Science program, a collaboration of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health (BIRCWH) program, and the Center for Women in Medicine and Science. More information here.
- Request for Proposal: Community Dental Education Innovations Grant. Application deadline: Sept. 10, 2021. Learn more at ORHPC Grants.
- Call of Applications: OACA Faculty Research Development Grant Program. The Office of Academic Clinical Affairs is soliciting applications for OACA Faculty Research Development grants that will support new or expanding interdisciplinary research which addresses significant clinical issues, is innovative, and has a high potential for return on investment (e.g., new NIH awards). Competitive LOI Deadline is August 27, 2021. Download RFP.