The faculty development page provides easy access to information on faculty development programming, promotion, and provides a variety of resources aimed at enriching faculty members' professional growth and achieving an inclusive educational environment.
Faculty Promotion and Tenure Information
- SOD Promotion Guidelines for Term and Adjunct Faculty
- Revised Department 7.12 documents - coming soon
- UMN Required CV Format
- Tenure Regulations
- Promotion and Tenure for Community-Engaged Scholars Dossier Review Info Session - 2:30-3:30 p.m., Tuesday, January 26. University faculty who conduct community-engaged research and/or teaching and are approaching the promotion and tenure process are invited to attend an information session on Zoom about the Review Committee on Community-Engaged Scholarship. More information. Register here.
Recordings of Technology Help Sessions
- SOD Canvas Training 8-20-20
- SOD Zoom Training 8-17-20
- SOD Securing Lecture Videos and Course Materials on Canvas 9-11-20
Recordings of Past Faculty Development Programs (coming soon)
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- U of M "Keep Teaching"
- American Dental Education Association's ADEA "We Teach"
- Canvas Self-Help Guide
- K. Patricia Cross Academy: Videos of Active Learning Strategies
- Virtual Canvas Clinic - January 7, 1-4 p.m. Personalized help with Canvas sites.
- Canvas Coffee Time - 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 9:30 a.m.
- Technology Enhanced Awards for Teaching and Learning (TEATL) - You are invited to submit a proposal for the 2021 Technology Enhanced Awards for Teaching and Learning. This award makes funds available for full-time faculty members to support the acquisition of new technologies that can be used to enhance the teaching and learning environments of the institution. Deadline is January 22, 2021. TEATL Request for Proposals. TEATL Award Application Form.
- NEW! Canvas changes for 2021
- Academic Technology Support Services (ATSS): Spring Semester Course Offerings
Jan. 3-15 - Teaching Enrichment Series - The Teaching Enrichment Series focuses on practical approaches to teaching and learning that instructors can implement in their classes this spring. Session topics include creating a learning-centered syllabus, increasing student engagement and motivation, collaborative peer review online, assessments and grading, and more.
Jan. 15 - Massimo Costalonga, PhD, DMD will present on "Mucosal TC17" on Friday, January 15, from 12:15-1 p.m. The presentation will be via Zoom. Please contact Jan Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom information.
Jan. 28 - Dr. Michael Wolcott: Are we there yet? "Dentifying" a growth mindset framework to inform clinical teaching.
Feb. 25, 4:15 p.m. - Dr. Boyen Huang: Writing for Publication.
March 30 - Dr. Ranier Adarve: "RIME" Reporter, Interpreter, Manager, Educator. A Method of 360 clinical evaluation method for clinical teaching.
April 22 - Ms Michelle Arnett: Measuring Teaching Effectiveness
May 5-6 - Best Practices in Health Sciences Education Conference - Intersectionality in Health Sciences Education. Submission deadline for presentations is January 22, 2021. Presenters will be notified February 20, 2021.
May TBD - Dr. Gary Hildebrandt: Calibration of Grading Clinical Procedures
Please note: All courses require registration. Continuing Education credit is awarded for attendance. Registration forms are sent via email to all SOD faculty prior to the event.