Soft Tissue Diode Laser Certification for the Dental Hygienist
Learn How To
- Gauge your initial understanding of lasers and their usage
- Discuss the fundamentals of lasers, including the production, characteristics, delivery systems, and emission modes of light
- Summarize the effects of lasers on tissue
- Review laser types, device characteristics, and clinical applications
- Reflect on today’s laser safety standards and regulatory requirements
- Operate laser instrumentation
- Ensure infection control standards are met
- Examine treatment sequence and patient management
- Assess healing
- Analyze practice management issues, including financial and insurance considerations, malpractice, ethics, record keeping, and informed consent
- Prepare for the Standard Proficiency Examination written and clinical components
Topics will include:
- basic level understanding in dental laser usage
- specific laser proficiency and laboratory knowledge
- demonstrated clinical proficiency simulation with at least one wavelength
Illustrated lectures, discussion, demonstration, and laboratory exercises.
If your office uses lasers, please bring yours to class—allowing you to receive in-depth training and practice using your office equipment.
Credits and Fees
$995 dental hygienist
Tuition includes meals, materials, supplies and parking.
10.5 Fundamental Credit Hours
12:30 PM to 5:00 PM (Friday)
8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Saturday)
View the course program
Angie Wallace, RDH, has been a clinical hygienist for over 30 years and has been using lasers for more than twenty years. She is a member of the Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD), where she obtained her Advanced level proficiency, her Educator Status and received her ALD Recognized Course Provider 2007 and her Mastership with ALD in 2008. Angie is currently serving as Chair for ALD Education Committee, Co-Chair for Regulatory Affairs, and serves on other committees for the ALD Board of Directors. She was the recipient of the 2014 John G. Sulewski Distinguished Service Award from the Academy of Laser Dentistry. She has been recognized as a worldwide speaker teaching Laser courses, webinars, and she also works with several laser manufacturers, making sure that their lasers are great for hygienists., She also is an In-Office Laser Consultant, providing laser certification and training courses. She has several articles and chapters published about Lasers and has co-authored her book on laser hygiene. She continues to work four days a week in clinical dental hygiene.
- Final registration will begin at 12:00 PM on Friday.
- Light refreshments will be available during registration. Continental breakfast will be available Saturday morning.
- The program will run from 12:30 to 5:00 PM on Friday and from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Saturday.
- There will be 15-minute refreshment breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Lunch will be provided on Saturday.
If you have special dietary needs or are disabled and have special needs, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the program date.
Examination Fee and Letter of Completion
A $275 fee for the Standard Proficiency Exam will be paid directly to the Academy of Laser Dentistry. You will receive an email with further instructions before the course detailing how to complete this payment. Note sitting for the exam is optional and is not a requirement for attending this program.
Upon successful completion examination, you will receive a letter from the Academy of Laser Dentistry indicating your Continuing Education Credits for the exam. This letter will arrive within eight weeks of examination completion.